JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering getting a rear site mounted picatinny rail section and putting a red dot on it. I already own a Sparc AR and curious if putting it on an AK will have some issues. I have seen optics made just for AK's or just AR's. Any insight would be great.

Thanks!

I'm TIRED! And the lighting isn't that great, but you can get the general idea...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Anyways, it's a hoot to shoot!

Decent up to 200 yards, really nice at 50. We won't be using it as a personal defense weapon though, given a choice, unless its modified further.

Not sure how one can go about setting up co-witness on an AK, but surely there's a way. Just haven't looked into it is all.

Might just throw on some cheapo off camber backup irons for kicks, if there's room on the rail. That might work...hmmm.

The other downside to the Sparc is the lens covers aren't flip ups, so the retention strap would need to be cut to keep them from flapping back if you needed it in a hurry. Could probably jury rig something out of a zip tie, so you could get them both off at the same time.

Last Edited:
Interesting. That looks like it's really far forward but I believe you that it works. I will post a pic of the rail section I'm thinking about.

Hmm. Interesting.

The SPARC is allready high, might be better with a lower dot, like a holosun. Also, depends how stable that setup is. That rail on ours doesn't move/wiggle at all as it's integral to the gas tube.

Tried a dot on the dust cover rail of our SKS, and it was laughable. Even with bending the dust cover so it wouldn't wiggle much (but still did). Annoying. Popped it off after a magazine.

Yes it has a side rail mount. Considering all options. Currently running a Krebs drop in peep sight.

I put that RS Regulate on my AK and it works great. At the time it seemed pretty spendy. But the pain's gone now. And considering some of the more flimsy mounts for less money, I'm glad I got it.

I put that RS Regulate on my AK and it works great. At the time it seemed pretty spendy. But the pain's gone now. And considering some of the more flimsy mounts for less money, I'm glad I got it.

Yep, they are great mounts. The only mounts I use and recommend for an AK are the RS Regulate and Ultimak. If you are using a larger optic such as an Aimpoint PRO the RS Regulate is the way to go.

The design of the spark AR( battery built into riser) kinda makes it a one trick pony... If it works for you, awesome. Run it. @Camelfilter looks like your stock might accept a magpul comb raiser to make it more comfortable.. CTR®/MOE® 0.75" Cheek Riser

I personally would go with a lower optic. To each his own.

Jeeze the things folks think of! Thanks for that!

Yeah a lower optic would be better for sure, but it's just a fun plinker & does ok at it. Absolutely would invest further if it were a PDW.

Have that aspect sorted (PS90 with a Holosun). Can put all 50 rds into a 3" dot at 50yds, all center mass at 100. Big plus-the rds won't skip thru the house thru the neighbors house and into the school nearby...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top