Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Spanish Mauser 1893 Oviedo Carbine (Pictures)SOLD

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by svg4, Dec 24, 2009.

1. svg4

svg4 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SOLD I want to sell this unique rifle. The quick story is that I found the rifle at a pawn shop in Tigard. It was in a horrible $2 stock and had been shortened 2". I bought a stock and metal at the Gun Show. I got very lucky and under the dirt and grime was this beautiful fiddleback(Tiger Stripped) stock. I have never seen one like this before or since. I spent a couple of months with 00# steel wool and linseed oil to get it just right. One of the senior members of this forum suggest that I fit it like a carbine, so I bought the correct parts and that is what I did. I don't claim that this rifle is absolutely correct. I do claim that it is a very nice gun. I shot a half a box through it and it worked very well. It appears that not many rounds have been shot through this barrel. I have 2 1/2 boxes of Remington Express Core-lokt in 140Gr. I have lots of pictures. I would like $220 NEW PRICE $195
    I would be willing to me you are Tri County Gun Club in Tualatin and let you shoot it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. svg4

bump

3. Gene

Gene Sisters, Oregon New Member

Where can I see it ?

gene from Sisters

4. svg4

Gene, I am in Tigard, just south of Portland and about 8-10 minutes off I-5. Thanks for the interest, Sam

5. gallogiro

gallogiro Willamette Valley Active Member

Could you please post some pictures?

6. brentlee

brentlee Salem Member

yeah pics of all your hard work would be great

7. svg4

The one picture is what it looked like when I got it at the pawn shop for $40. I didn't do a close-up of the stock because it looked like it was fit with an ax and a chainsaw then sanded wind a grinder. The grain in the stock was an accident. I picked it out of a pile at the Gun Show. The finish was copied from Candyman's article at http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=137&t=51760

8. svg4

Ttt

9. svg4

bump