JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made the plunge into black powder a few months ago and picked up an Armi San Marco 2nd Model Dragoon along with an Investarm "Hawken" from a local seller.

Recently, while messing around with the Dragoon, the cylinder started to over-rotate as the hammer would pull back a bit further than full cock. I'm pretty sure the bolt wasn't engaging the cylinder correctly. So I pulled everything apart and inspected the internals. Unfortunately, it looks like someone got a little happy with a bench grinder on a few parts -- at least I hope they didn't come from the factory that way. It also hadn't been cleaned in awhile, so I thought maybe there was just too much gunk preventing things from cycling like they should.

When I removed the trigger/bolt spring from the ultrasonic cleaner and wiped it down, one of the legs broke off. The slot cut between the legs was left square, so my guess is it created a stress riser that was bound to break at some point.

Since I need to replace the spring, I figured it'd be good to go ahead and replace a few of the other components. I found trigger/bolt springs that will work, but it doesn't appear many other original ASM parts are available. I have the tools to fabricate a few of the parts on my own, but I'm not sure the ones I have are up to spec, so copying them may not work.

Does anyone know where I can source ASM parts aside from the usual places that pop up in a Google search?
  • Trigger/Bolt spring - Can purchase and modify the Uberti equivalent.
  • Trigger - The Uberti replacement appears to match.
  • Hand - The hand, spring, and pin apparently need to be purchased separately. I can't find a source for the pin.
  • Bolt - Doesn't appear to be available anywhere.

asm-dragoon-internals.jpeg

You are very welcome....
When you get the parts...its a pretty easy fix...I would suggest however to order / get two of the the items....
Nothing is ever a drop in fit...and some shaping / fitting will be needed...which can lead to breaking or losing.

I have worked on many a Colt Cap and Ball revolver ( and replica thereof )...if you have questions , please let me know.
Andy

I was planning on picking up a few spares just to have on hand considering how sparse the parts are. I don't imagine they'll get any easier to find.

I appreciate the offer to help and will definitely reach out if I run into any issues. Springs aside, do you know if these parts (bolt, hand, etc) were typically hardened or if using a high carbon/tool steel would provide any benefit?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top