JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Founder of the Hell's Angles dead at 83 from liver cancer.
Correction...Sonny was not the founder of the Hell's Angles, he was a founding member of the Oakland, California chapter in 1957.

The Hells Angels originated on March 17, 1948, in Fontana, California, when several small motorcycle clubs agreed to merge. Otto Friedli, a World War II veteran, is credited with starting the club after breaking from the Pissed Off Bastards motorcycle club over a feud with a rival gang.

According to its website, the club's name was first suggested by Arvid Olsen, an associate of the founders who had served in the "Hell's Angels" squadron of the Flying Tigers in China during World War II.

His death was announced in a Facebook post reading:

If you are reading this message, you'll know that I'm gone. I've asked that this note be posted immediately after my passing.
I've lived a long and good life filled with adventure. And I've had the privilege to be part of an amazing club. Although I've had a public persona for decades, i've mostly enjoyed special time with my club brothers, my family, and close friends. Please know that I passed peacefully after a brief battle with cancer. But also know that in the end, I was surrounded by what really matters: My wife, Zorana, as well as my loved ones. Keep your head up high, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor.
Sonny
HAMCO

Bikers for the most part are a bunch of scumbags. Maybe a few Harley riders...accountants that grow some stubble for the weekend ride, look fondly at his life, or what they think bikers represent. But law enforcement is tipping a few beers tonight at thought of one less dirtbag in the ground.
Plenty of scumbags in both groups, plenty of big hearts in both groups, too.

For anyone considering learning to ride he wrote an excellent book titled "Let's Ride". It is not about motorcycle club lifestyle or anything like that. Instead, it's about how to ride safely and to be a part of the greater motorcycle community, all 100%.

1656819651510.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top