JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I took my suppressor out for the first time today, what an experience, I think I have perma grin! What I didn't count on was all the new "friends" I would make.... people wanting to see it, ask questions, etc. It was really pretty cool. Of course I think there will be some folks with lighter wallets in their near future as many were very impressed with the performance. I imagine this is a common occurrence that I should expect from now on? Any of you suppressor "old timers" experience this phenomenon? :D

Richard

So far, the only friends that have met my Sparrow suppressor were racoons trying to force their way into the hen house.
They were very impressed in a round about way.
Which one did you buy and what is it threaded onto.

I took delivery of my Sparrow and TiRant9 during the height of the "panic" and hadn't anticipated the lack of available ammo ahead of time (very poor planning considering I had 9+ months to wait for my form 4). To make matters worse, the only threaded .22 host I had was a 10/22 so what little .22 ammo I had was way past supersonic by the time it made it out of the barrel.

For our first outing we went shooting on a friend's property and were all somewhat under impressed with suppressed fire until my pal dug some agency issued subsonic 9mm out of his safe. What a difference! A Glock19, a Tirant9 and subsonic ammo.

There we were, 4 grown men, giggling like schoolgirls.

Since then, I have tracked down sub-sonic .22 (again the giggling) and have received my TiRant45, Socom 556RC and Socom762RC and the grinning never seems to stop.

After shooting a suppressed HK USP45C, one friend's wife ordered him point blank, "Go buy one of these!" She had the same reaction to a Ruger 22/45 and the Sparrow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of suppressors (like Lay's potato chips, you just can't have one).

I never go to the range, so I never experienced that phenomena.

My friends who have shot my guns have seen my can plenty of times before, and one of them has a couple form 1 cans of his own.

People think they can stop with one. Nope. It's like crack and just as expensive, especially if you get into the title II firearms.

I bought a Sparrow, then a couple of months latter I decided that 1 wouldn't be enough. When I go shooting with my son, I want to shoot suppressed at the same time as he is. It wouldn't do to have only 1 can, so now I'm waiting on a Spectre II.

Either will be fine on my M11-nine with the Lage .22LR conversion kit.

I took delivery of my Sparrow and TiRant9 during the height of the "panic" and hadn't anticipated the lack of available ammo ahead of time (very poor planning considering I had 9+ months to wait for my form 4).

There we were, 4 grown men, giggling like schoolgirls.

Since then, I have tracked down sub-sonic .22 (again the giggling) and have received my TiRant45, Socom 556RC and Socom762RC and the grinning never seems to stop.
Yes, but I thought it more like when I got out of Juvenile detention when I was 14.

Upcoming Events

May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top