Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Someone could have warned me!

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by slickx45, Jun 1, 2014.

1. slickx45

slickx45 Seattle - Eastside Active Member

So I took my suppressor out for the first time today, what an experience, I think I have perma grin! What I didn't count on was all the new "friends" I would make.... people wanting to see it, ask questions, etc. It was really pretty cool. Of course I think there will be some folks with lighter wallets in their near future as many were very impressed with the performance. I imagine this is a common occurrence that I should expect from now on? Any of you suppressor "old timers" experience this phenomenon? :D

Richard

bluesurf likes this.
  2. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So far, the only friends that have met my Sparrow suppressor were racoons trying to force their way into the hen house.
    They were very impressed in a round about way.
    Which one did you buy and what is it threaded onto.

3. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Details man...Details.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  4. slickx45

slickx45 Seattle - Eastside Active Member

I have an AAC Ti-Rant .45 for my XD45 & Glock 30sf. Only used the XD as a host today. The sound reduction was impressive.

Richard

5. bluesurf

bluesurf Portland Active Member

I can't wait for mine to come in. :)

6. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

They are great for kids, just make sure to give them only one round in the magazine.

7. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

I do the same thing.

8. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I took delivery of my Sparrow and TiRant9 during the height of the “panic” and hadn’t anticipated the lack of available ammo ahead of time (very poor planning considering I had 9+ months to wait for my form 4). To make matters worse, the only threaded .22 host I had was a 10/22 so what little .22 ammo I had was way past supersonic by the time it made it out of the barrel.

For our first outing we went shooting on a friend’s property and were all somewhat under impressed with suppressed fire until my pal dug some agency issued subsonic 9mm out of his safe. What a difference! A Glock19, a Tirant9 and subsonic ammo.

There we were, 4 grown men, giggling like schoolgirls.

Since then, I have tracked down sub-sonic .22 (again the giggling) and have received my TiRant45, Socom 556RC and Socom762RC and the grinning never seems to stop.

After shooting a suppressed HK USP45C, one friend’s wife ordered him point blank, “Go buy one of these!” She had the same reaction to a Ruger 22/45 and the Sparrow.

Welcome to the wonderful world of suppressors (like Lay’s potato chips, you just can’t have one).

slickx45 likes this.
  9. Mr Smith

Mr Smith 54 68 65 20 73 74 69 63 6b 73 Active Member

I never go to the range, so I never experienced that phenomena.

My friends who have shot my guns have seen my can plenty of times before, and one of them has a couple form 1 cans of his own.

slickx45 likes this.
  10. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

People think they can stop with one. Nope. It's like crack and just as expensive, especially if you get into the title II firearms.

I bought a Sparrow, then a couple of months latter I decided that 1 wouldn't be enough. When I go shooting with my son, I want to shoot suppressed at the same time as he is. It wouldn't do to have only 1 can, so now I'm waiting on a Spectre II.

Either will be fine on my M11-nine with the Lage .22LR conversion kit.

slickx45 likes this.
  11. Misternt

Misternt Salem Area Active Member

I think my favorite question was in regards to my 10/22 with a sparrow at the end of it.

Nice quiet rifle, is that a pellet gun?

slickx45 likes this.
  12. OREGON FALER

OREGON FALER Springfield, OR. Active Member

Yes, but I thought it more like when I got out of Juvenile detention when I was 14.

13. rj112275

rj112275 New Member

Unfortunately, one can = many cans. Also means every gun I own will be threaded, so more money and time... :)

14. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I've gotten to the point where I am reluctant to buy a .22 that isn't threaded.

Mr Smith, Modeler and jbett98 like this.