JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
have you pulled off and reinstalled the gas tube? did you make sure that the gas tube is seated all the way up and they the roll pin is in the securing hole?

have you pulled off and reinstalled the gas tube? did you make sure that the gas tube is seated all the way up and they the roll pin is in the securing hole?
Yeah its all pulled apart now, will be checking and rechecking as i put it back together

I have read somewhere about spinta barrels and something to do with chamber issues?? Try dropping a live round in the chamber and see if it slides back out on its own.

I have read somewhere about spinta barrels and something to do with chamber issues?? Try dropping a live round in the chamber and see if it slides back out on its own.
I will check that. I remember seeing that a while a go reguarding their 6.5 Grendel barrel. Supposedly the issue was corrected

Yep. Turned out I need just a slight gap between the gas block and the shoulder of the barrel. Runs fine now.... does not really like steel cases but brass runs flawless.

Yep. Turned out I need just a slight gap between the gas block and the shoulder of the barrel. Runs fine now.... does not really like steel cases but brass runs flawless.
Yup that space is supposed to be taken up by a small spacer/shim or it will offset the gas hole in the barrel. Some people will just eyeball thr spacing which seems to work fine most of the time. Spacer/shim should be the same thickness as the front delta ring endcap which I believe are made of 18ga cold roll.

Lube that.thing up and start shooting it!!
Make sure its lubed well or things wont function properly.
^^Interesting observation as well.

My dad's AR stopped while we were out in the desert and I took some oil off his truck's dip stick, smeared it on the bolt carrier and it ran fine the rest of the day. Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes.

Yup that space is supposed to be taken up by a small spacer/shim or it will offset the gas hole in the barrel. Some people will just eyeball thr spacing which seems to work fine most of the time. Spacer/shim should be the same thickness as the front delta ring endcap which I believe are made of 18ga cold roll.

I rescently built a gun and took it to the range a couple weeks ago and was short stroking. Wouldn't ya know it, after I had just said this had never happened to me yet.
I checked all aspects of the gas system, cleaned the gun, even ran the bcg, and lower on another upper. All worked fine. I pulled the rail and gas block. Checked the barrel for correct gas port hole size. All check out fine. I have moved the gas block forward to account for the endcap that's about all I can come up with. I plan to test again tomorrow.

I rescently built a gun and took it to the range a couple weeks ago and was short stroking. Wouldn't ya know it, after I had just said this had never happened to me yet.
I checked all aspects of the gas system, cleaned the gun, even ran the bcg, and lower on another upper. All worked fine. I pulled the rail and gas block. Checked the barrel for correct gas port hole size. All check out fine. I have moved the gas block forward to account for the endcap that's about all I can come up with. I plan to test again tomorrow.
If its short stroking, lowering the reciprocating mass may help. Light buffers, springs, and semi auto carriers can all help if you have any parts you can swap around from other rifles.

Did the upper you tried have the same gas length system as the new one?

I had to move the gas block back. I think after lubricating it over and over and continuing to fire I could see that it's not the gas. I found that the bcg is tight in the upper receiver and that is causing the problem. It began to lock back and even catch the next round it will just not go forward and chamber. The upper is just too tight around the bcg and creates too much friction for it to slide freely backwards and forward. Has anyone else ever experienced this? It seems I may need to hone out the upper just a bit. Any other ideas? And yes I tried the bcg in other guns as well, it's not the bcg.

if you tried 3 different bolt carrier groups and all are having the same issue and you already ruled out the lower and the buffer spring and buffer weight. and if you can actually feel noticeable friction in the receiver then odds are it is a out of spec receiver.

Do you know the manufacturer? a lot of companies trying to put out the cheapest products this means cutting corners on quality control.

It has been in the safe for a few years just collecting dust. I will look at forge markings when I get home. I would have only bought mil spec or better. It was purchased with 2 or 3 others at the same time and the others worked fine. Weird, but I think that's all it could be. Anyone else ever have any similar problem?

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top