JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Random off-topic post: Whatever happened to the FBI shooter that loosed a few rounds at Finicum's truck causing him to run out to the left, then lied about it?... I haven't heard of a follow up on it.

Join in the war on marijuana! All they'd need to do is switch badges.
Great quote. I don't smoke and could care less about the stuff but the reality is people are too stupid anymore to understand why it's responsible behavior to keep your government barely funded.

I'm sorry but when I see how the government is utilizing their time and our money...I just wanna see agencies gutted, jobs lost. Go be a street cop and serve a purpose. Go be a firefighter. Do something of actual value and stop funding stupid bull#@&+. Take Oregon. We don't need the atf. Osp does all the work, probably like whipped dogs. Regardless of what we think of gun control, osp and the FBI can run things just fine without the atf and just make suppressors none nfa/bg check.

Pic related. 1490034627855.jpg

There is State laws and then there are dont F**k with laws that the feds have.
I am sure some push the local laws at times but when you start looking at federal laws there is huge problem.
Most times Federal law cant be rescued by a state law, thats why technically a Marshal could arrest anyone they saw smoking a joint in these two states if they so desired. Thats why choosing to smoke herbs on the federal court steps would be stupid. Creating and item that is regulated by Federal law and then wondering why you got nailed is sad but the truth. The fact you have worked with feds and lawyers tells me you knew there was a fine line. I hope you get off but also let this be a lesson and hopefully others read that sometimes you roll that dice and it comes up snake eyes.
Best just to do it by the book until the change the writing in that book.

Poor guy. Looks like the BATF felt stupid because another person found a way to skirt their asinine laws. And technically until you punch a hole in that tube body or end cap its not a suppressor.

I think Ive seen videos by this guy. He seemed legit.

All that money spent on transportstion and wages of ATF agents to raid his house and for what?
If people use said product in a way that is against the law, then thats on them. We've seen that with the arm brace rulings.

Often the Feds are "stupid" in a LOT of what they do. This (in my mind) does not make any excuse for any of these guys. This guy knew full well what he was doing. He "thought" he would get away with it and he did for a while. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it now?
The guy who started SIONAC in the 80's "thought" the same thing. He did get away with it for years. Then BATF came calling. People tried to warn him and he would not listen.
Weaver admitted he sold what he knew was an illegal firearm. That was one of the most incredible stories of stupidity. Let someone convince you they can't figure out how to use a hack saw and get you to do it for them for money. The one constant here is these people made money by thumbing their nose at the Feds thinking the Feds would ignore it. Well do any of them still think it was worth it?

I sure don't recall ever seeing a drill press, drill or solvent trap assemble themselves, put themselves on a gun and shoot the gun by them self.

Bartenders start being held accountable to drunk people, convenience store clerks held accountable when a booze-O beats his wife drunk, drives drunk..

Let's ensure that it's never EVER the end users fault... m'kay...

End every Alphabet Soup government bureaucracy. Once they are all disbanded let's assess what we really need.

These sorta seem to fall into the same category as all the ways people have been sea lawyering the SBR rules with pistol 'braces' which more and more look like stocks that you just 'don't shoulder' as you said I don't really agree with a lot of the laws however as long as they are in place it's stupid to poke the sleeping bear in the eye and then complain when you get mauled.

Agreed, playing games is not a good call. Over the decades there have been various cute attempts to circumvent parts of NFA34. Some never resulted in hassles, others resulted in financial loss for manufacturers and/or buyers, and still others have resulted in people being thrown into federal prison. While the tax and 8-12 month wait is most certainly obnoxious, it is pretty cheap insurance, considering.

This company knew exactly what they were selling and what it was intended for.

Indeed, that's how they are going to nail him. The definition of "silencer part" can be interpreted pretty broadly. And it couldn't be more obvious what this product was actually for.

All that said, this is another example of how messed up our laws are: a guy makes a product that should be a perfectly legal accessory and a ton of taxpayers dollars are going to be expended to destroy the life of a, presumably, otherwise law-abiding citizen.

The ATF knew full well about this and every other loop hole, and yet they didn't do any thing to try and stop it until some politician opened his yapper and spew forth his commandment to stop it:mad:
Play with fire, sooner or later, yas gets burned!

All that money spent on transportstion and wages of ATF agents to raid his house and for what?

They justified their existence. Did their "job", took a paycheck home.

Parasites want to live their life too, just like everybody else...

They justified their existence. Did their "job", took a paycheck home.

Parasites want to live their life too, just like everybody else...

Well considering what the government pays non politician employees this equates to roughly 3 subway sandwiches and a half a cookie.

Often the Feds are "stupid" in a LOT of what they do. This (in my mind) does not make any excuse for any of these guys. This guy knew full well what he was doing. He "thought" he would get away with it and he did for a while. Wonder if he thinks it was worth it now?
The guy who started SIONAC in the 80's "thought" the same thing. He did get away with it for years. Then BATF came calling. People tried to warn him and he would not listen.
Weaver admitted he sold what he knew was an illegal firearm. That was one of the most incredible stories of stupidity. Let someone convince you they can't figure out how to use a hack saw and get you to do it for them for money. The one constant here is these people made money by thumbing their nose at the Feds thinking the Feds would ignore it. Well do any of them still think it was worth it?

Yep, while Im certainly no ANTIFA, I am quite libertarian leaning in my views.
The guys take on massive risk for us all to practice in national civil disobedience.. I think thats pretty darn cool and Im grateful for it.

On the one hand, I would like to see this guy not be prosecuted, on the other I would like to see him walk away innocent. Suppressor law, and "suppressor parts are suppressors" is a ham fisted absurdity. ATF-TB and the myriad regulations and rulings that have sprouted up around NFA are a mess. What this guy was doing was certainly legal to the letter of the law, but was maybe not so legal in the spirit of the law. That said, spirit is not something you can take to court. Just like the AR Brace, the atf's interest in regulating, and then re-regulating and regulating again doesn't follow the original regulations. It's a mess. And certainly when it comes to the quasi-legal "solvent trap" it's just something I won't touch with a 100ft pole.

I totally support this guy's right to engage in a peaceable business selling metal parts, it would be nice if the ATF could make up it's mind about what's legal and what's not, and not feel the need to constantly reinterpret themselves whenever it suits them. If something clever gets past them (the AR-brace, solvent traps) oh well.

What someone really needs to do is write a piece of legislation that pins down NFA, and frame it not as a firearms rights law, but as a commerce and invention law. Clean up the NFA regs, fix the problems with the America Invents Act, and get it passed. Firearms technology, is something that has always made the american military strong, it's a highly innovative field, and most of the regulations on the industry are approaching 100 years old. It really irritates me that licensing and regulation are playing this big a role in our economy.

I just wish we could still say, Long Live Vickey and Sammy Weaver! Crazy dam cops! :(
Yeah I don't care for the bust in the door with guns in the wife and kids stuff. I don't know much about the solvent trap guy's personal life but it hardly seems he was daring the ATF to come get him Janet Reno style from what I've seen. I just hate this crap because I have so much respect and gattitude for the job most cops do every day. Just a shame our hard earned tax dollars get spent this way. I want to know more about what the ATF did before this action and what justified this sort of home invasion with women and children present. We'll probably never get the truth of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top