JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
This is probably a dumb question, I dont know anything about these accept they are old Russian guns. Is the ammo available? Are you including any?

Why do people troll others listings? I don't know if there are multiple Calibers and I also asked a question no website would know.

Yes ammo is available. 7.62x54R; both commercial and milsurp is available. Bores vary from very crisp and clean to pitted with trash in the lands. Lots of videos and websites offer tons of info.

Good luck to the OP.

Yes there is ammo available for it. You can get 440 rounds for around 100 bucks shipped. You can get nicer quality brass cased ammo for about 20 bucks for a box of 20. Unaltered Mosins are 7.62x54R.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I was sent some pics by the seller and the rifle is a 1942 example in a war-time stock. The markings make me think this was not a front line rifle but one issued to the regimental/political guard. Well done arsenal stock repair on the left side which you can just see in the pics above. Finish is original so the rifle is good for those looking to collect.

I haven't gotten an answer on if it's counter bored or not but the asking price is perfectly fair since Big-5 wants the same.

I was sent some pics by the seller and the rifle is a 1942 example in a war-time stock. The markings make me think this was not a front line rifle but one issued to the regimental/political guard. Well done arsenal stock repair on the left side which you can just see in the pics above. Finish is original so the rifle is good for those looking to collect.

I haven't gotten an answer on if it's counter bored or not but the asking price is perfectly fair since Big-5 wants the same.

Risking getting trolled by a junior member, could you explain what counter boring is?

Risking getting trolled by a junior member, could you explain what counter boring is?

The rifles had steel cleaning rods so over time while not using the proper procedure the muzzle crown get ruined. This is fixed by boring the muzzle back and then recrowning the muzzle within that bore. Basically they drill out the barrel to a large diameter instead of cutting it. off to recrown it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

counterbore.JPG

The left hand rifle is counterbored.

Why do people ask questions like this while they are on the internet with an instant response in their search bar?

Why not use an equal amount of text just answering the question? A lot of younger members would benefit more from a helpful answer to a direct question than from instructions to check the net. I've been studying firearms for nearly 50 years and there's still new stuff for me to learn. It can be daunting to someone new to the topic to the point they may not know what to search for. Help 'em out.

Why not use an equal amount of text just answering the question? A lot of younger members would benefit more from a helpful answer to a direct question than from instructions to check the net. I've been studying firearms for nearly 50 years and there's still new stuff for me to learn. It can be daunting to someone new to the topic to the point they may not know what to search for. Help 'em out.

Ownerus et al, you make a good point and it's one that my original comment supports. And I think some of you may be jumping the snark here. Why? Because for the sake of serious discussion a lot of things can be answered quickly using the tool in front of all of our faces while typing. Face it, Google is as great a member of these forums as any Senior Member, Junior Member, or Moderator. Online, the discussion is always happening and we are only one tiny part of it.

If my comment seemed boorish for only seeming to disqualify another poster, which was not my intent, how foolish would we all be if we disqualified the great wealth of information and commentary at hand as not being germane to the discussion on this one thread? Expecting greater vision of ourselves is no sign of disrespect.

I think JasonX eluded to this when he said, "This is probably a dumb question" (And I've been there too, lots of times)

JasonX, I'm sorry for being a jerk, for real. I didn't mean it that way. It was simply regarding the idea at hand, nothing personal. I don't think our miscommunication would have been there in person over beers. I've felt the same way lots of times when asking questions and definitely thing we all deserve honest answers, but Google saves time, I'm just sayin.

So there I said it, I'm a jerk and JasonX, sorry. Anyone still upset do me a favor and Google Mosin 91/30 and see what you peruse in 10 minutes vs what this for sale thread has produced in a day (in what it wasn't even intended for, but I bet there are better discussions out there). If you don't agree fine, but I think you'll find some validity to this thing called the internets.:s0155:

Most of all, big apologies to OP thewhitebuffalo83 for inadvertently hijacking your CLASSIFIED FOR SALE thread and turning it into any discussion not pertinent to the sale of your rifle sir.

If the Mosin isn't sold by the end of the month, I'll take it, $100. Anyone who makes thewhitebuffalo83 an offer will be welcome to come shoot it with me.

Last Edited:
Ownerus et al, you make a good point and it's one that my original comment supports. And I think some of you may be jumping the snark here. Why? Because for the sake of serious discussion a lot of things can be answered quickly using the tool in front of all of our faces while typing. Face it, Google is as great a member of these forums as any Senior Member, Junior Member, or Moderator. Online, the discussion is always happening and we are only one tiny part of it.

If my comment seemed boorish for only seeming to disqualify another poster, which was not my intent, how foolish would we all be if we disqualified the great wealth of information and commentary at hand as not being germane to the discussion on this one thread? Expecting greater vision of ourselves is no sign of disrespect.

I think JasonX eluded to this when he said, "This is probably a dumb question" (And I've been there too, lots of times)

JasonX, I'm sorry for being a jerk, for real. I didn't mean it that way. It was simply regarding the idea at hand, nothing personal. I don't think our miscommunication would have been there in person over beers. I've felt the same way lots of times when asking questions and definitely thing we all deserve honest answers, but Google saves time, I'm just sayin.

So there I said it, I'm a jerk and JasonX, sorry. But y'all do me a favor now and Google Mosin 91/30. Honestly.:s0155:

Well as great as a tool google is, one should view the world through more than just one window. Why use google when you can ask 50 or so people who you can talk to on a regular basis and get the feedback specific to your needs as appose to several genaric answers?
Getting an answer on this site is just simply faster,more specific,and the people are friendlier.

Now, Im pretty sure we have trashed this poor guys thread enough, don't you?

Russianfist, sure that's a great point, well put. As for this poor guy's thread, there's that too... Do you or anyone else posting here care to bury the hatchet in style and buy this Mosin with me? Let's turn this into something good.
All Members, I do hear what the Senior members are saying and will keep things more positive and productive. Have a good one.

Last Edited:
Why do people ask questions like this while they are on the internet with an instant response in their search bar?

people want the gun and have no money for it so they have to feel like being part of the deal by asking stupid questions, if all the answers where already there he would have asked "what part of town you in?" "any trades?" or some other idiotic excuse for having something to say, then he would sleep at ease knowing he took part in that legendary mosin nagant thread

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.