JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$650
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
45-70
City
RENTON
State
Washington
Zip Code
Original trapdoor with a serial number showing early 1874 production. All original except for the hammer and firing pin. It appears someone polished the lock plate and butt plate at some point. I bought this with the intention of getting into reloading 45-70 with black powder, but I have 0 experience with black powder and don't feel the need to get into it at this time.

Metal is in overall decent shape with a nice patina. Some pitting present. Bore has rifling visible but also visible pitting. I'll try to get a picture of the bore but it's difficult.

To function test I shot 20 rds of Steinel trapdoor-safe ammo at some steel at 50 yards. No idea what accuracy was but I was hitting steel silhouette. I'll include the brass from these as well as a box of Remington Core Lokt 300 gr 45-70 that absolutely should not be used with this gun! If you're going to reload you can use for components.

Also a very small crack in stock that didn't worsen with 20 rds. Should be very easy to fill/fix.

Includes a nice case that actually fits this rifle (its long). Let me know if you have any questions.

20230625_203228.jpg 20230625_203239.jpg 20230625_203248.jpg 20230625_203307.jpg 20230625_203233.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.