JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a SOCOM 2, and I finally got my EBR stock! I need some advice on scope mounts, and an inexpensive optic. I'm thinking in the $300 to $400 range for the time being. Eventually I'll upgrade it, and be in the $1000 range if need be, so advice on those would be great too. Thanks in advance!

You didn't like the troy chassis? Ebr are nice tho, answer to the question would be a used eotech, then when you get up to spending a grand, look into the leupold tactical mark 4 Mr/t I like the m2s.

As far as scope mounts go, none of them are inexpensive. I here the best are Sadlack (steel not Alum), Smith Ent., and ARMS. There is also McCann Industries. As far as optics, I'd get a bushnell elite 3200 in 10x w/mil-dot. You can get them for around $225 new.

wg

Much appreciated, checking them all out now. Cougfan, let me know how you like it. I'm just happy to finally be getting this project completed. So I can be on to the next :)

mr11b said:
I'm thinking in the $300 to $400 range for the time being.

Price range: $300-$400.

What is more important to you?

A. Will you take a lesser power optic... fairly bare bones as far as features, but with good glass in a good tube with stable controls?

B. Do you want or need features like
  • 1. adjustable (parallax) objective.
  • 2. illuminated reticle.
  • 3. special reticle like mil-dot or other specific reticle.
  • 4. side-wheel adjustable objective.
  • 5. target turrets or other special turrets.
  • 6. 30 or larger mm tube.
  • 7. specific minimum magnification.
  • 8. variable magnification.
  • 9. broad range diopter adjustment.
  • 10. best eye relief values
  • 11. other specific needs or wants.
The way optics pricing structures work... is that you can get bells and whistles that you may or may not want for cheap, but the glass quality and control elements will be poor... or you can get good glass in a good tube with good, consistently repeatable controls, but no fancy features, for about the same money.
Then there are the scopes with decent glass and a few fancy features... scopes that fit the bill for a lot of people who don't need higher end glass for their occasional plinking, but don't want the worst Chinese crap there is either.

Cheers,
C

Good info creeper. I'm looking more for the basic for now, good glass and a good tube for now. I'll add all the other goodies once I decide to spend the extra cash. Definitly leaning towards the burris scout right now.

Good info creeper. I'm looking more for the basic for now, good glass and a good tube for now. I'll add all the other goodies once I decide to spend the extra cash. Definitly leaning towards the burris scout right now.

An excellent scope for your application mr11b. Light, simple, compact, low mounting, excellent range of eye relief and terrific glass clarity for it's size. A wise choice IMO.

Cheers,
C

Do you need magnification? An Aimpoint would be excellent on man sized targets out to 300ish yards. You can get a 1-4x Busnell 4200 for around $450.....real clear glass.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top