JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Shows the entirety of a weapon, with the receiver turned into Kraft Singles. Are these intended to be re-welded and used as active weapons? Are they just what the title says and merely a 'parts kit' for a non-torched receiver to be built on?

Torch cut receiver can be re-welded as long as they comply with current laws etc.

There are reweld plate kits available for the AK, and there is an 07 FFL here in Oregon that is offering the service. I have seen threads for re-welding the Bren, RPD/RPK...for the Suomi I would assume since it is torch cut it would also be legal.

ATF Rul. 2003&#8211;2

"An ATF-approved method of destruction for an FN FAL type machinegun
receiver requires three diagonal torch cuts that sever or pass
through the following areas: (1) the threaded portion of the receiver ring
and magazine well opening at bottom, (2) the hinge pin, ejector block and
bolt guide rails, and (3) the body locking lug and bolt guide rails. All cutting
must be done with a cutting torch having a tip of sufficient size to displace
at least &#188; inch of material at each location. Each cut must completely
sever the receiver in the designated areas and must be done with
a diagonal torch cut. Using a bandsaw or a cut-off wheel to destroy the
receiver does not ensure destruction of the weapon."

Sht1remanufacture.jpg
sht2remanufactured.jpg

Dont they cut out at least a 1/4" inch or so on the new imports so you cant put them back together. Just did a cetme and ak. Really big pain in the a$$ and always more expensive than they look like. We have a machine shop and it was still a bigger deal than the boards make them seem. Also, you cannot transfer them when you are done and have to have at least so many parts made in the US, which really increases the price.

These being open bolt are going to be hard to convert to semi auto closed bolt weapons, it is doable but it is not an easy job like building a an AK out of a parts kit.

That said the price is incredible and is well worth buying just for some future project such as an AK 9mm conversion or some other Frankenweapon.

I'm going to pick up a kit just to throw in parts pile.

Parts kit are for making SEMI auto guns from Full auto "parts kits" See US 922r for all the facts. When building a parts kit gun, you must have a minimum parts count that is "Made in USA", and the gun can only function in SEMI auto. Each gun has a minimum, so you have to find out. AK's need 6 US parts-example--Receiver=1, gas piston=1, stock set=3, muzzle brake/flash hider=1, trigger group(tapco G2)=3, barrel=1, mag=1, mag base plate=1- so you figure out what you want your gun to look like, and get the right ammount of US parts, then build it, or have it built.

A few dealers are now selling these if you just "want one" I have seen them for less than 400 lately, Centerfire and J&G comes to mind.
I have been on a few Weapons Building sites and frankly this is not one I would attempt for quite a while it is like they really are not building the gun with much resemble to what it was because of what they have to do to make the bolt work legally, but they sure look cool!
I would also recommend the PPSH build in 7.62x25, that is a cool build and a real good and usable round not to mention affordable, I have thought about it for someday because it would not be hard to afford 5000 rounds of 7.62x25.:s0155:

A young guy brought in that kit to my machine shop, needed the reciever bored a tad. He bought a new receiver milled from solid steel, I think the new receiver cost $150, which seemed about right, there was some CNC milling involved in the aftermarket receiver. Maybe the whole thing cost $150?

I haven't heard from him in a while.

The firing pin in the bolt was fixed, there was no way it would work closed bolt semiauto. I'm not sure what he ever did with it, I was frankly scared of a sting, believe me that sort of thing has happened to little shops like mine.

It's coming back to me, I had to order some seamless DOM tube for this, I think I had to bore the ID out just a few thou and thread the end for the cap which is above the stock on the far left of all the steel parts.

Looks like fun to make one up, but a machine pistol that is only capable of semi fire seems less than desireable to me. It amazes me that people will buy those semi auto Thompsons, or even worse, the semi auto 1919's!

They buy them to have fun. Not as much fun as a full auto, but till we the people change the laws in WA, thats what we get. As far as the machine work, be very carefull. If you are "working" on a gun for someone, for money-ATF considers you a gunsmith, and they will want to see your FFL. Now if the "customer" is your "friend" and you were doing the work for free, that is ok. Check BATFE website to clarify.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top