JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Er shaw 7mm08 barrel,new.does this look horrible or not so bad? 20220429_145648.jpg

Chatter marks, something was out of kilter!
Chatter marks are extremely common in button rifled barrels. It's literally an oversized button being forced through an undersized hole with tremendous force. Use as much lubricant as possible but it still cuts chips just like a die does threading a hole, it's not one continuous peeling of the metal.

Even when land lapped, these chatter marks can still be present.

Chatter marks are extremely common in button rifled barrels. It's literally an oversized button being forced through an undersized hole with tremendous force. Use as much lubricant as possible but it still cuts chips just like a die does threading a hole, it's not one continuous peeling of the metal.

Even when land lapped, these chatter marks can still be present.
So I might still have a chance at decent accuracy?

Is the picture of a just a barrel...or is it of a rifle with a ER Shaw barrel...?
Have you shot it yet..?

I ask 'cause I have seen barrels with bores that were pitted , or less than pretty...still shoot very nicely.
Andy

Is the picture of a just a barrel...or is it of a rifle with a ER Shaw barrel...?
Have you shot it yet..?

I ask 'cause I have seen barrels with bores that were pitted , or less than pretty...still shoot very nicely.
Andy
Its a barrel iv had sitting around,thought id screw it into a savage and see if it will shoot worth a darn.

That's right, for instance… an ugly wife may not necessarily be a great cook after all.
A really wise man with a great voice one said; "If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So from my personal point of of view get an ugly girl to marry you."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top