JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was considering buying this FAT 42 Carcano. Seller is not a "gun person" and says it was a wall-hanger that belonged to his father. According to him it was never shot since acquired in the early 1970's.

If you had to take a guess, is this rust or dust? He doesn't have a bore light and can't get me a better picture.

pix323423803.jpg

Was considering buying this FAT 42 Carcano. Seller is not a "gun person" and says it was a wall-hanger that belonged to his father. According to him it was never shot since acquired in the early 1970's.

If you had to take a guess, is this rust or dust? He doesn't have a bore light and can't get me a better picture.

View attachment 1089540
Shine a light from the action up. In a pinch, use a piece of white paper in the action.

Last Edited:
Looks like rust on the cleaning rod. Could be fragrant cosmoline in the barrel with closet dust. Who knows…I'm just a dude from the interwebs

Is the gun nearby?

Ask the seller if he minds you bringing over some cleaning stuff to run a brush down the barrel, and a good 'look over'

I did this When I bought my 1899 Winchester. The bore was packed with dust to the point I could not see through it !

Well I'm going to roll the die and put in a bid. The price is certainly right and Carcanos mfg. during World War II are hard to find for some reason.

If I win I'm going to post some before and after pictures of the bore here, maybe it could be of help to someone else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top