JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been cruising the different discussions and so forth and a majority seem to be dead.
I tried to connect to the Josephine Sportsmens Association websit and the link is corrupted and takes you to some chinese site. I'm wondering if I'll bother coming back.

Someone please tell me if there is a real reason to do so?
No gun information either that I was able to locate.
Bill

Hello ZA
Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, I'll give it another turn around the block. I'm looking for more specific firearms discussions such as those at Rimfire Central.
Bill

This board is as vibrant and active as any I have ever seen. I haven't seen them all, though.

Whatever the case... you or your browser are doing something wrong, if you're not finding any action.

Hello ZA
Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, I'll give it another turn around the block. I'm looking for more specific firearms discussions such as those at Rimfire Central.
Bill
Hang in there brother, Ive been to dozens of forums and I find this one to be the friendliest and most active.
Happy hunting :)

Out of the four sites I've been on this is the most active and easily the most courteous folks as well.

Well shucks that's simple to understand. We're all armed. LOL :D
Actually I'm finding it interesting, but I split my time between here and Rim Fire Central another great forum
Primarily dealing with you guessed it rim fire guns but they do bend the rules a little and let us talk about other guns as well. very polite there too. :D
Gabby

Honestly, if you don't see a topic you would like to discuss that's active, then by all means, go ahead and start the conversation yourself. You're bound to get at least a few discussions going. I belong to several others, including Rimfire Central, Glock Talk, etc., but this is the only one I frequent. I only go to those forums if I can't find a specific answer to a specific issue here. This place is nice for general gun conversation, and almost every question thread I've posted has given me an answer I can use. Plus most of the folks here are pretty decent.

As you're in Southern Oregon, you should introduce yourself to NoFlinch, he's always wondering what members are located down south.

Honestly, if you don't see a topic you would like to discuss that's active, then by all means, go ahead and start the conversation yourself. You're bound to get at least a few discussions going. I belong to several others, including Rimfire Central, Glock Talk, etc., but this is the only one I frequent. I only go to those forums if I can't find a specific answer to a specific issue here. This place is nice for general gun conversation, and almost every question thread I've posted has given me an answer I can use. Plus most of the folks here are pretty decent.

As you're in Southern Oregon, you should introduce yourself to NoFlinch, he's always wondering what members are located down south.

Well I suppose by now I could mark this thread closed or some such, but it's fun to see what pops up now.
Obviously I have decided to stay and be a nuisance. So far I agree there seems to be a few good people here that are helpful and considerate. LOL Just kidding around. So thanks everyone for the helpful comments.
If any are interested I live in the Illinois Valley about 35 miles from Grants Pass. Due to the distance I only go to the Sportsmans park to shoot occasionally. There are lots of places in the forest that are nearer and I always police up afterwards.
Gabby
Oh by the way if anyone is interested in checkering there is a good thread going on over on RFC right now, being put on by 3 top notch people with many years of experience and seem to know how to present it so that even a dummy like me can learn something from it.

Last Edited:
The reasons you're here are, it's too cold to work in the garage and there's nothing good on TV, or
one TV is broken and your wife is watching House Hunter's on the other.:p:p:p:p:D

Naw I came in for dinner and now I can't pry my keester out of this chair. LOL and I'm getting some funny responses to my posts.
Gabby

Lucky Bugger. You've probably got a heated garage.:rolleyes:
I have to put a torch on the florescents to get them to lite up below 45degrees.:eek:
I'm going to bed..Wave at my uncle over there in Merrill for me.:D

Lucky Bugger. You've probably got a heated garage.:rolleyes:
I have to put a torch on the florescents to get them to lite up below 45degrees.:eek:
I'm going to bed..Wave at my uncle over there in Merrill for me.:D

You won't believe it but my shop is unheated and without lights, BUT my neighbor took pity on me last year and said come on up and use my shop it's not real big and there is lots of mouse poop everywhere but at least it has lights and a wood stove that will keep you warm feeding it. :D

It's about 3/4 of a mile away and up the hill but my old truck can still climb it.

I've got 2 jobs going on now. My wife is a dog show gal and last Oct. she was in a serious rollover wreck and her articles box that contains the articles used in obedience, (small dumbells made from leather or aluminum) was smashed. It was built for her by her first husband who died of a heart attack many years ago.
So it's my job to put humpty dumpty back together again. :confused::eek:

Job #2 is for me.
I'm in the process of refurbishing the FREE High Standard Longhorn, I just received last week from an old friend. It's a near basket case and in the process of cleaning it almost all of the bluing came off in the ultrasound tank, along with YEARS of gunk. The grips were damaged and I decided to get some Walnut and whittle a pair to replace them. I got enough wood for 2 full sets and I figure there may be at least 1 good set in there if I don't screw them up too badly in the process. I ordered a new cylinder bushing in hopes it will cure the problem with double action firing. The cylinder can move far enough forward that the hand doesn't engage the back of the cylinder properly in order to rotate it. Just a little rearward pressure on the cylinder allows it to turn as it should.
So with the bluing and grips and timing problems I should be busy most of the winter along with the article box which HAS to be done in the next 3 or 4 days.
Dog shows coming up dontcha know. :p
Gabby
:s0036:

West side of Stukel Mt. :) Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson helped me thin the jackrabbit population
around there when I was stationed at Kingsley. ;)

OK I looked it up on Google Earth, that's a fur piece from here across the Cascade range from me, I'm west of there SW of Grants Pass. I don't think I'll be dropping by for coffee any time soon. :s0013:
When you mentioned jack rabbits I figured it had to be east of here, we have a few around here but not enough to be a problem. Too many predators I'm thinking.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top