Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

So I thought I'd make my water commute a bit more tactical...which book to read 1st?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brutus57, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

4 days a week I have to use water transportation to get to work. I use my iPad but coverage for that and cell phones is spotty during the run. I decided to start reading more instead and picked up three modern combat books. As a historian I always like to read things chronologically if given a choice. So, for guys and gals who have read all 3 of these books: AMERICAN SNIPER, ROBERTS RIDGE, AND LONE SURVIVOR... Which should I read first?

Brutus Out! :cool:

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

OMG, you don't own a Kindle??? Boy, you in the dark ages or what??? LOL J/K
    Have not read any of the ones mentioned but have read all of the Duck Dynasty books...
    Hey shouldn't you be sighting in something???

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I think all the tacticool kids start with a ballistic plate in their backpack. Then you don't have to worry about reading Archie and Veronica comic books.

4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I own an iPad mini, why would I want a Kindle, hee hee. i am still doing the build. I took me over an hour of filing and fussing to get my MOE hand guard on last night. So my next evolution is installing the pivot pin. Not looking forward to that since in no work bench in my apartment, no vise, no mag well block....I hate to spend the money for more tools cause I got a ton of car/motorcycle tools but it looks very tough to install the pivot pin without the lower in a vise. Days like these I really miss my 4 car garage...but I don''t miss my ex...so its a bit of a wash. I am thinking once the pivot pin is in the rest of the build should be straight forward. Got a BCM charging handle to go with my BCM middie upper so other than the special tools I got all need I think. and now iron sights.

Brutus Out

5. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

Read Lone Survivor first as there are a reference or two to it in American Sniper. Read that next.

6. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Not on your list there, but I really enjoyed Unintended Consequences.

7. bearingman

bearingman Tualatin Member

++++1 for Unintended Consequences by John Ross. Long book but lots of history in it too. The pdf is abou 1 meg. PM me and I'll get you a link.