JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got one of those cheap Chinese ones two years ago, but stopped using it. At low rez you could not read the license plate of the car in front of you. At hi rez you needed am SD card that cost more then the $70 camera to get more than three hours of recording.

An installed front and rear facing system that acts as a back up camera would be great.

Nissan Leaf???????

U one a' them green Wackos?

:s0111::s0112::s0112::s0111:

I drive a GMC Sierra, @ 16.5 mpg average..............if I'd stay on the HWy, I'd get a whopping 18.5-20MPG

Next vehicle will be a Prius/Leaf type.

Thanks for that GREAT info. :s0139:
All we had was SUVs and pickups. Still have them, but I sid the hell with this mpg. I picked up a Camry also. 4 cylinder. I get 32 on the highway. I'd rather drive that most of the tim, and save on racking up miles on expensive pickups and SUVs. Those sit at home, and we drive when needed.
I can't bring myself to getting a Prius.

I got one of those cheap Chinese ones two years ago, but stopped using it. At low rez you could not read the license plate of the car in front of you. At hi rez you needed am SD card that cost more then the $70 camera to get more than three hours of recording.

An installed front and rear facing system that acts as a back up camera would be great.

I would agree with you two years ago, but the cams now are pretty good, even the cheap ones, and flash memory has dropped a lot in price, 32gb is like $20 now and would get you ~6hrs at 720p, ~12hrs at 480p.

The cam I'm using for $35, if you look at the sample vid, you can see plates when the car is close, but when it's farther away there's no way, but for a dash cam, you mainly need to show police or insurance that you were not at fault, and I think that this fits the bill nicely.

I haven't seen an integrated dashcam system that uses a central dvr, but that would be awesome. You could also wire up a rear dash cam to an aftermarket stereo w/ display and tap it to show up when in reverse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top