JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the Halloween season seems like a fitting time to toss this out there: what films you enjoy which are, by any conventional sense, pretty terrible movies, but still are very entertaining at some level? Why so?

Enjoy! :)

So, the Halloween season seems like a fitting time to toss this out there: what films you enjoy which are, by any conventional sense, pretty terrible movies, but still are very entertaining at some level? Why so?

Enjoy! :)
Tremors series (only the first 2 are the best of the whole series)
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Neverending Story; as an adult, watching it showed many cheesy flaws and terrible acting... but the story itself other than "who wouldn't check if the kid is still at school after hours overnight!?" is pretty good and for children, it was entertaining

Showdown in Little Tokyo, starring Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee.

Fire Birds, Nick Cage, Tommy Lee Jones, Sean Young. Basically Top Gun with AH-64 Apaches and worse acting but great cheesy lines.

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal; more for the effects, the designs.. "children movies" they are not.

Similar vein to above; The Last Starfighter

Enemy Mine, I want to say Charlie Sheen?

Edit. Cant forget..

El Mariachi
Desperado
Once Upon a time in Mexico

All which have Antonio Banderas and were directed by Robert Rodriguez?

Surprised no one mentioned the original Halloween. The one that started the untold re-makes. On my honeymoon watched it with new Wife. Place we stayed at had the then new thing, HBO. Wife spent half the damn movie hiding behind me saying "tell me when its over" :s0140:

Rocky horror picture show is a cult classic and a tradition in this household! Flash Gordon is also a must watch during the pre Christmas season! The first Judge Dredd, another seasonal classic, as is First Blood!

Manos, full stop.

Comet TV has been showing Elvira double features every Friday of October of her 2010-2012 Mystery Macabre show. That one was on last night. Absolute garbage classic.

Bio Dome - hilarious and stupid movie, some scenes made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt. Pauly shore always made me smile.

Super Mario Bros movie - a total mess in every way. A fun soundtrack and wild design of the world. An all star cast and over acting throughout. It should be unwatchable but it's a heck of a lot of fun.

I'm glad that Big Trouble in Little China has been mentioned, that's always been a favorite of mine :)

The Land That Time Forgot...and The People That Time Forgot...bad by 70's cheesy standards....but they do have some hotties in fur bikinis....

I'd love to see a re-make that follows the books by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Dressed to Kill....this does have a nude scene or three with Angie Dickinson....so there is that ....:D
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class