JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's all aluminum frame and cylinder with steel inserts. It weighs around 10.8 ounces unloaded.
If you took off the rubber grips and put the old style J frame tiny wood grips on it, that would really make it concealable.
It does have the factory modified bobbed hammer, which needs to be filed down on the back edge as it's really sharp.
Only been fired a couple of times, maybe 16 rds.

IMG_2561.JPG IMG_2562.JPG

I had a Taurus 22 snub years ago I got in a trade but never really had a use for it other than letting the kid play with it. Had a heavy trigger pull for DA but most will due to needing stiffer springs for the rimfire but SA was great. I wouldn't mind a 3or4" barrel but really looking at the 22/22mag 992 if I do and it has better adj sights. Already have the 22mag in 6" but just mag. I kinda like the versatility option and quicker to reload than the old super single six. I did buy a wrangler for the rat shot though to save the barrel on my super single.

What Is the colibri you have standard or super? I bought some of each but still have some from years ago when just one was offered in the rainbow colored box and it would clear a 10/22 barrel or crackshot just fine. kinda like shooting a pellet rifle.

I had a Taurus 22 snub years ago I got in a trade but never really had a use for it other than letting the kid play with it. Had a heavy trigger pull for DA but most will due to needing stiffer springs for the rimfire but SA was great. I wouldn't mind a 3or4" barrel but really looking at the 22/22mag 992 if I do and it has better adj sights. Already have the 22mag in 6" but just mag. I kinda like the versatility option and quicker to reload than the old super single six. I did buy a wrangler for the rat shot though to save the barrel on my super single.

What Is the colibri you have standard or super? I bought some of each but still have some from years ago when just one was offered in the rainbow colored box and it would clear a 10/22 barrel or crackshot just fine. kinda like shooting a pellet rifle.
I've got two boxes of both super and regular. Stuff is torturous in a semi. Revolvers are the bee's knee's colibri.

I've found myself looking at these, thinking about how one would be a perfect little kit gun. Never had a 22lr round not go bang in a revolver. That and for some dumb reason I like to buy those little 22lr shotshells though I never really shoot them. I could totally sit in the backyard and waist away at the 4 bricks (yep 2000 rounds) of colibri I needed to have. :s0140:

Taurus (don't puke it's okay) has a new stubby.
View attachment 711192
SW has one too, but I'm weary of an aluminum cylinder. It's also DAO.
View attachment 711193
Any others I should look at?
Also available in a 3" barrel....

1592368169941.png
...a decenter kit gun.
8 shots, 25 oz, but sights are only drift adjustable.

...of course, I wouldn't mind a High Standard Sentinel Mk.1, either.... HighStandard_MkI_001.jpg

The little Taurus looks like a shooter!

Don't let the haters bug ya Ive got a few of theirs and maybe forgot one or three but have had a lot more over the years. Never had an issue and never needed the warranty. I am really debating the 4" 992 stainless in my head though, those voices get me in trouble at times.

100_3052.JPG

FINALLY!!!

I was finally able to buy one. It's the 3", but that's not entirely a problem...

Rather morbidly, Son of Sam did rather well with a Charter. Rock Island has introduced two D/A revolvers made in the Czech Republic. The AL22 series is available blued or stainless, LR or Mag.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.14.39 PM.png

Oops. Just duped DeanMK's post. Harder to find now, but High Standard made a rather nifty D/A 22. IIRC, some came with both cylinders. The down, aside from availability is that the D/A pull was rather atrocious.

Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 2.25.44 PM.png

...of course, I wouldn't mind a High Standard Sentinel Mk.1, either...
Yep, they are GREAT guns.

They were often 'maligned' in the early days due to their alloy frame, low cost and some other issues but in reality they were ahead of their time and really well made with some interesting design features.

Because I own one I have spent some time researching them and they have a very interesting history.

Mine (R-103) is a little rough as it sat in a holster in a closet for about 20 years before being given to me but I got it looking better and the action is excellent.

Here is one of the better reviews of them I have found.

Last Edited:
I just ordered brass, dies and bullets for a 3" S&W Model 31. Not rimfire, but my mom's .32 S&W Long. Maybe 25 rounds through it since the 70s. CANNOT believe that Americans are clamoring for 32 S&W Long. I smell some opportunists at work, scooping all available stock up.

Some 'Dirtier than Cheap' opportunists.

I've found myself looking at these, thinking about how one would be a perfect little kit gun. Never had a 22lr round not go bang in a revolver. That and for some dumb reason I like to buy those little 22lr shotshells though I never really shoot them. I could totally sit in the backyard and waist away at the 4 bricks (yep 2000 rounds) of colibri I needed to have. :s0140:

View attachment 711192
View attachment 711193
Miss that Taurus.
Had one , approx 40lb double action pull. Single action was crisp and decent all around. Horrible double was a deal breaker.

After viewing this thread, I remembered that I have a snub nosed S&W .22lr stashed in the back of my safe.
It's a Smith & Wesson model 317-2 Air Lite 8 shot kit gun.
Man is that light in the hand. I bought it from a member years ago and never got around to shooting it.
I'm going to post it up for sale later today, since it's taking up room and I have something in mind to replace it with.
Buddy had one of these that was pretty decent. Some light strikes on the cheapest ammo, the golden type that is sold in plastic bucket. He let it go because of this , but I would have kept it and stuck with Cci.

Oops. Just duped DeanMK's post. Harder to find now, but High Standard made a rather nifty D/A 22. IIRC, some came with both cylinders. The down, aside from availability is that the D/A pull was rather atrocious.
1618025899037.png
Don't recall if I noted it in my post on this gun, but the old HS .22's still garner a pretty fair price in the used market.
Last I looked, the gun pictured above garnered an asking price in the $400 range.
...and its ok, I'm flattered someone duped me, because they felt so strongly about the same weapon, that they just had to post.
It's all good man. :s0155:

Don't recall if I noted it in my post on this gun, but the old HS .22's still garner a pretty fair price in the used market.
Last I looked, the gun pictured above garnered an asking price in the $400 range.
...and its ok, I'm flattered someone duped me, because they felt so strongly about the same weapon, that they just had to post.
It's all good man. :s0155:
Had a Double Nine back in the day. I let it go after H-S fixed a bolt drop issue. I had a New Frontier dual cylinder anyway. Still do.

View attachment 711192
View attachment 711193
Yes. The SW model 63, the Kit Gun. Stainless steel. J frame. Four inch barrel. Adjustable sights. DA/SA

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top