JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've found myself looking at these, thinking about how one would be a perfect little kit gun. Never had a 22lr round not go bang in a revolver. That and for some dumb reason I like to buy those little 22lr shotshells though I never really shoot them. I could totally sit in the backyard and waist away at the 4 bricks (yep 2000 rounds) of colibri I needed to have. :s0140:

Taurus (don't puke it's okay) has a new stubby.
1592273842335.png
SW has one too, but I'm weary of an aluminum cylinder. It's also DAO.
1592273967216.jpeg
Any others I should look at?

If Ruger made the SP101 in a snubby 22lr I'd be all over it....

1592278343331.jpeg
1592278371619.jpeg

I've found myself looking at these, thinking about how one would be a perfect little kit gun. Never had a 22lr round not go bang in a revolver. That and for some dumb reason I like to buy those little 22lr shotshells though I never really shoot them. I could totally sit in the backyard and waist away at the 4 bricks (yep 2000 rounds) of colibri I needed to have. :s0140:

Taurus (don't puke it's okay) has a new stubby.
View attachment 711192
SW has one too, but I'm weary of an aluminum cylinder. It's also DAO.
View attachment 711193
Any others I should look at?
Not snubnose but for fun it's hard to beat the 22lr single action revolvers. Dirt cheap and fun and some have same 4 clicks as SAA which makes it kinda fun to even just work the action on them. I also like the older larger s&w 22 revolvers.
2E1BF2A5-B7E9-47F6-B5D5-9EA20B2E749E.png
5A7E3ED6-FC8C-4009-A302-DEDD5202DDC9.jpeg

Last Edited:
While not snub nose, there are two very nice 4" S&W Kit Guns (J-frames) in the classifieds here. One a blued version (Model 34-1) that comes with quite a few extras. The other a stainless version (Model 63). Both have factory Target Stocks - which are kind of rare. Your choice $625 - which is a good price for these primo rimfires. I'm sure either seller would be glad to hear from you.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Not snubnose but for fun it's hard to beat the 22lr single action revolvers. Dirt cheap and fun and some have same 4 clicks as SAA which makes it kinda fun to even just work the action on them. I also like the older larger s&w 22 revolvers.
View attachment 711263
View attachment 711258
I've got a highly enjoyable single action 22 by colt. It's basically an antique though! I will eventually buy a Ruger Wrangler to use in its place.

After viewing this thread, I remembered that I have a snub nosed S&W .22lr stashed in the back of my safe.
It's a Smith & Wesson model 317-2 Air Lite 8 shot kit gun.
Man is that light in the hand. I bought it from a member years ago and never got around to shooting it.
I'm going to post it up for sale later today, since it's taking up room and I have something in mind to replace it with.

I think you'll get lots more utility with a 4" barrel than a snub, but that's just my opinion. Lots of folks bag on Taurus, but I've got a .357 that's a great shooter. As they say, one man's opinion....:cool:

I'd be curious how much of a hit the velocity would take from such a short barrel.
Not sure, but good question. If I end up getting one I'll certainly see what the chronograph says. Probably pretty significant for the bulk high velocity stuff.

After viewing this thread, I remembered that I have a snub nosed S&W .22lr stashed in the back of my safe.
It's a Smith & Wesson model 317-2 Air Lite 8 shot kit gun.
Man is that light in the hand. I bought it from a member years ago and never got around to shooting it.
I'm going to post it up for sale later today, since it's taking up room and I have something in mind to replace it with.
So I can't find much info on this guy. Does it have a titanium cylinder or aluminum?

I had a 605 that was capable of 1.5" groups at 20 yards rested with good handloads.

It was as smooth as a S&W in action and trigger as well.

I've owned, shot, and carried a 605 since 2005. The thing just works marvelously for the niche it is intended. I know Taurus, rightly, gets crap from some quarters, but that wheelgun has been surprisingly good.

I also like the older larger s&w 22 revolvers.
So do I but who in the HEII would grind off the hammer spur on a fine S & W ?

Good lord what was somebody thinking? 'Ahm gonna tern muh 6" reevolver intooa takticool DAO deefenceive pisstol'

Last Edited: