JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I had a chunk of free time today and decided to do some surgery for my first time on revolvers. I opened up the 929, and polished the rebound slide bottom, the trigger sear, trigger nose, and double action sear.

And wow, the action is crazy smooth. Just as good as my CZ75 that has all it's internals polished and then coated in nickel boron. The DA pull went down to 5.5# after this

I recommend this if you have the time and ability.

So I had a chunk of free time today and decided to do some surgery for my first time on revolvers. I opened up the 929, and polished the rebound slide bottom, the trigger sear, trigger nose, and double action sear.

And wow, the action is crazy smooth. Just as good as my CZ75 that has all it's internals polished and then coated in nickel boron. The DA pull went down to 5.5# after this

I recommend this if you have the time and ability.
Don't change any springs save perhaps the trigger return.
If it can't reliably set off CCI primers DA, throw it in the creek.

Don't change any springs save perhaps the trigger return.
If it can't reliably set off CCI primers DA, throw it in the creek.
I shot it prior to the polishing job, it already had Reduced Main, Firing Pin, and Rebound Springs - DA pull was 6.5#
It set off all my loads with various primers (all of it was military pulled primed brass) . With the polishing and a lighter 5.5# pull I'll do another range trip soon to verify reliability.

I shot it prior to the polishing job, it already had Reduced Main, Firing Pin, and Rebound Springs - DA pull was 6.5#
It set off all my loads with various primers (all of it was military pulled primed brass) . With the polishing and a lighter 5.5# pull I'll do another range trip soon to verify reliability.
I've seen so many guns fail because of reduced springs.. I just leave them alone.

Is all this to attempt to get it to run like a semi?

Educate me in the ways of high end revolvers, as I still don't get revolvers when semis are available.

Is all this to attempt to get it to run like a semi?

Educate me in the ways of high end revolvers, as I still don't get revolvers when semis are available.
I enjoy shooting with semi-light triggers. All my single actions (1911s, 2011s, CZs, and Tanfos) have 2-3# pulls. My DA CZ75 has a crazy 4.5# DA trigger, it got that way by coating the internals with nickel boron and putting lighter springs.

Long story short, I guess the answer is YES, I like a smooth and lighter DA on revolvers to replicate the feel on my other toys.

I enjoy shooting with semi-light triggers. All my single actions (1911s, 2011s, CZs, and Tanfos) have 2-3# pulls. My DA CZ75 has a crazy 4.5# DA trigger, it got that way by coating the internals with nickel boron and putting lighter springs.

Long story short, I guess the answer is YES, I like a smooth and lighter DA on revolvers to replicate the feel on my other toys.
If you can shoot a stock revolver well you can shoot anything well.

If you can shoot a stock revolver well you can shoot anything well.
I've tried. Be it on 22lrs which from what I understand have heavy triggers on purpose to ensure rim strikes. I've always been absolutely horrid at shooting revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top