Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Smith and Wesson Customer Service

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Jan 16, 2014.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I have an older Model#64 revolver that has a wide (.015) cylinder-barrel gap and am waiting for the shipping label to send it in to be corrected. My question is: how does this shipping work? I'm supposed to send it by Federal Express, is this safe? and will S&W send it directly back to me? I'd like to hear from someone who did this and their experience.

2. tomcat mv

tomcat mv Maple Valley WA Member

Yes, it is safe. I have had to send long guns back to them a couple of times. Their CS is top notch. Just make sure you place it in a box that has no markings on it that show it as a firearm.

3. Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler Snohomish County, WA Active Member

I sent my Shield back to them a few months ago for the trigger recall. I printed up the label, took the box to Postnet and off it went. Two weeks later, it was back and I signed for it at my door.

4. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

good and safe, and S&W has one of the best CS in the industry, your in good hands

5. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

We'll see.....After spending 45 minutes waiting for a tech I learned they do not cover shipping unless it's a warranty issue. That means it will cost me $70.00, at least, added to the end of the work bill. Sounds crazy, I know, but that is what FedX AND UPS charge. They say it must go one-day-air. Oh, S&W will also charge the $14.00 that THEY pay to ship it back. They will call me with the cost for repair, but it would seem that if I decide it's too expensive I'll have the pleasure of paying the shipping anyway. I would suggest, if you have an FFL you deal with on a regular basis, you might get them to ship it for you.

Taylor, it took a week for me to receive the shipping label, via e-mail. Have you checked local smiths about repairing/re-barreling, perhaps shimming your gun? The guy I went to for the issues with my 629, a well respected S&W guy in North PDX, said he wasn't able to repair my cylinder issues. The shaft that the cylinder spins on is so flattened that the cylinder has a severe wobble. That shaft(barrel) is part of the yolk. The only option was for me to send it in or use it as a paper weight.

One other thing.....Did S&W tell you it was going to be a 6-8 month wait? That's what they told me!

Have fun with this and let me know how it goes. I got MY shipping label yesterday.
    Woopee!

Mike

6. oli700

oli700 Rogue Valley Well-Known Member

Huh, I effed up a trigger sear trying to give a sigma a trigger job. I talked to them and was up front that I rounded an edge that should have remained square edged. The part I needed was a “gunsmith” only part and not available to the public……they said no problem, here is a shipping label. Two weeks I had it back fixed ……entirely my fault, I was about shocked they did that and not one red cent spent on my end

Good luck, hope they get it taken care of timely