JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an older Model#64 revolver that has a wide (.015) cylinder-barrel gap and am waiting for the shipping label to send it in to be corrected. My question is: how does this shipping work? I'm supposed to send it by Federal Express, is this safe? and will S&W send it directly back to me? I'd like to hear from someone who did this and their experience.

good and safe, and S&W has one of the best CS in the industry, your in good hands

We'll see.....After spending 45 minutes waiting for a tech I learned they do not cover shipping unless it's a warranty issue. That means it will cost me $70.00, at least, added to the end of the work bill. Sounds crazy, I know, but that is what FedX AND UPS charge. They say it must go one-day-air. Oh, S&W will also charge the $14.00 that THEY pay to ship it back. They will call me with the cost for repair, but it would seem that if I decide it's too expensive I'll have the pleasure of paying the shipping anyway. I would suggest, if you have an FFL you deal with on a regular basis, you might get them to ship it for you.

Taylor, it took a week for me to receive the shipping label, via e-mail. Have you checked local smiths about repairing/re-barreling, perhaps shimming your gun? The guy I went to for the issues with my 629, a well respected S&W guy in North PDX, said he wasn't able to repair my cylinder issues. The shaft that the cylinder spins on is so flattened that the cylinder has a severe wobble. That shaft(barrel) is part of the yolk. The only option was for me to send it in or use it as a paper weight.

One other thing.....Did S&W tell you it was going to be a 6-8 month wait? That's what they told me!

Have fun with this and let me know how it goes. I got MY shipping label yesterday.
Woopee!

Mike

Huh, I effed up a trigger sear trying to give a sigma a trigger job. I talked to them and was up front that I rounded an edge that should have remained square edged. The part I needed was a "gunsmith" only part and not available to the public......they said no problem, here is a shipping label. Two weeks I had it back fixed ......entirely my fault, I was about shocked they did that and not one red cent spent on my end

Good luck, hope they get it taken care of timely

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top