JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hope I'm not being redundant here, I've asked several members for advice on this & did a search to see if there were already similar threads...

I'm looking for a single-action 9mm semiauto as a replacement cc gun. 'Course I'd love to have one of the several small 9mm 1911's that are now available, but finances prohibit one of those for the moment.

So I'm leaning towards a Springfield XDSC, as it's pretty highly regarded by members here & friends who own them.

Other suggestions? I'm anxiously awaiting the Rose City show this weekend, so if you're a vendor I'll be asking you a million questions there too:D

Thanks for any input y'all.

"single-action" = 1911

Do you just want a trigger that is not da/sa? or do you really want a single action?

A Glock 19 is about the same size as the XDc, or you could look at a Glock 26. Another great option would be a Kahr CW9.

"single-action" = 1911

Do you just want a trigger that is not da/sa? or do you really want a single action?

A Glock 19 is about the same size as the XDc, or you could look at a Glock 26. Another great option would be a Kahr CW9.

Hi Power

CZ75 ( can be had SAO )

SIGs can be ordered SAO also....

Hi power is close to commander 1911 in size, 228/9 Sigs are small....but I guess it depends on what you consider small...:s0114:

I'm big boned!!! ( well ...was...:D )

ETA....

Ya....CZ85 in SAO ( I'm a lefty ) is high on my want list...so is another Hi Power....I just have to convince myself I need a 9mm

Hi I had 2 XD's 1 in 45 GAP Tactical and the other 9mmSC, both were great and I loved them. I would use the 9 for side arm the only thing I had a problem with was the weight, but I was also using a OWB holster, about every 100 yards I was having to pull up my pants. It probably would be different with a IWB holster.

Like I said I HAD 2 XD's until my friend let me shoot his Springfield EMP in 9mm, well I sold both guns to purchase the EMP. It is night and day, of course it is twice the money as well with tighter specs.

XD's are a good gun I hope to add one to my collection later, after I buy a plinking 22 and a 9mm Kahr.

Good Luck

you could look at a glock 26 or xd9sc, I've shot both and used to carry an xd40sc which is pretty much the same dimensions as an xd9sc. The xd sub compacts conceal really nicely even with the holster that comes with the gun if you buy it new. Another option would be the ruger sr9c.

CZ and BHP are both great guns, but may be a little large for you, but great guns non the less. I have nothing against the Star mentioned either and I think there is one for sale here on the forum as well as a BHP clone that gets a good grade too.

If you're worried about costs, maybe look into a Zastava M88 imported by EAA. It's basically like a small Tokarev pistol, except in 9x19 and with a much improved safety. They're also cheap, and can often be found NIB for $275 and sometimes a little less. They're solid, reliable guns.

Something else to consider would be a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm. Centerfire Systems has them for something like $380, which is a pretty awesome price for a 1911 variant.

If you're worried about costs, maybe look into a Zastava M88 imported by EAA. It's basically like a small Tokarev pistol, except in 9x19 and with a much improved safety. They're also cheap, and can often be found NIB for $275 and sometimes a little less. They're solid, reliable guns.

Something else to consider would be a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm. Centerfire Systems has them for something like $380, which is a pretty awesome price for a 1911 variant.
(oh and stmcelroy, yes indeed I'm hoping for single action, as opposed to da/sa.)
Yessir raftman, funny I was just looking at centerfire's site, saw that RIA 9mm. Unfortunately a full-size 1911 is too big for me to daily-carry easily. Shhh, don't tell anybody, but for 4 days since I sold my CW9, I've been carrying my only other gun-- a GSG 1911 clone in .22LR! Ah well, I figure it's better than not carrying at all, and Mossad had pretty good luck with .22LR pistols:D But a full-sized 1911 is just too big for me to cc easily. I've been carrying the GSG in a backpack with a quick-access panel, but I need something I can OWB/IWB easily, or stick in my 'man purse'. Too bad RIA doesn't make a compact 9mm 1911... yet!

and then there's the Ruger sr9c... looks interesting, single action too, but I read the trigger pull is pretty dang heavy, which I reckon a 'smith could ease up for me a bit....

That Zastava looks cool too, especially for the $$. It'd help me save up for the next gun to join the family...

Watch for a Star Firestar in 9mm. I've had one since they came out and have found it to be completely reliable. The Starvel finish is tough, and they are built like tanks. Ladies find them a little heavy but I've never found it to be an issue. If anything, it tames the savage recoil generated by the 9mm :)

Pretty sure he is confusing single action with something with a consistent trigger pull, doesn't want DA/SA.
:eek: you are correct, sir! I really love single action as in 1911's, and my comment about leaning towards an XDSC was definitely confused and confusing with that in mind. True, consistent trigger pull is the main thing I should've been thinking of; I'm sure there are some sa-only pistols that have trigger-feel I prolly wouldn't like, just like the wide variations to be found in da-only pistols. And amongst the limited number of pistols I've used so far, my first choice would be a good feeling sao pistol and my last choice would be da/sa... though who knows what I'll think next year!

Once again, my thanks to you all for the ongoing education :s0155:

Watch for a Star Firestar in 9mm. I've had one since they came out and have found it to be completely reliable. The Starvel finish is tough, and they are built like tanks. Ladies find them a little heavy but I've never found it to be an issue. If anything, it tames the savage recoil generated by the 9mm :)

I've owned a couple of Star pistols, both single-action and da/sa, and also find them to be extremely fine. Star is out of business, but parts and mags are still available, and they are often seen on the auction sites---at surprisingly high prices. Few folks will let them go!

Do a little research on the Star "Firestar Plus" pistol. It's a double stack, single-action, compact with an alloy frame, a 14 rounder with a very slim CZ75-styled grip, and very light for it's size. Look for their "Starvel" finish, a proprietary electroless nickel plating that is extremely durable. There is no grip safety, but the ambidextrous frame safety is very positive. These shoot like a dream and fit most hands like a glove........................elsullo :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top