JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firestar m-43 is a single action 9mm with ambi safety all steal frame and slide they come blued or hard chrome (starvel finish) picked one up for 350 of gb awesome gun they were made in 9mm 40sw and 45 acp

If you don't have your heart set on a 9mm the ruger LCP in a 380 is a super nice carry for relatively cheap. I can't remember the vendor on here, but someone had them new for 275. If you are set on a 9mm or the CW are a lesser expansive version.

If you don't have your heart set on a 9mm the ruger LCP in a 380 is a super nice carry for relatively cheap. I can't remember the vendor on here, but someone had them new for 275. If you are set on a 9mm or the CW are a lesser expansive version.
yeah Chevytatt, that is a good point, I saw that up in the classified, and it sure is tempting to have one of those as well for the ultra-ultra-ultra compact! I actually made a decision, finally :s0114: at least for now... I picked up a Ruger SR9C used for a good deal, it fits me well and I got to take it out shooting at JCGC last night-- for the money, I'm really happy with it! When I got it, it was FIIIIIIILTHY, but I think that helped with the price and MAN I love cleaning guns.
I need to tweak the sights a bit (thanks Sandman1212!), but the trigger is-- for me-- better feeling than the CW9 I had. It isn't the single action/compact 1911 I'm still hoping for one day, but this'll serve me well til I can save up for that.

It ate everything I put through it, Rem UMC, S&B & American Eagle 115gr, Hornady Critical Defense 115gr, Win PDX 124gr, and Win Super X 147gr. Not a single hiccup or ftf/fte, no problems. Even with magazines loaded with random assortments of those cartridges.

Thanks for all the advice, everybody! And happy T-day to all y'all!

How about a double action 9mm the size of a .380? I've been carrying my Rohrbaugh in the same holster I use to carry my LCP in. It runs perfect so far and I have tried 5 types of 9mm ammo. Three of them hollow points.
At $1200 it's not for everyone. I know I would not have bought one in my 20's or 30's . It would have been just too expensive. Price aside it's been a great gun.

Is there a reason that the trigger type is so important in this case? A Rohrbaugh is going to be the ultimate 9mm cc pistol as far as size and carry ease.
ah, well for me trigger feel is the thing I should've been stating. My 'young onset Parkinson's' makes for some peculiar hassles. I was so blown away by how fantastic a good 1911's trigger felt for my particular situation; and with my relative inexperience I was just assuming that a single action semi-auto would be somehow THE thing to get :eek:. I'm glad you're all so patient and forthcoming with advice and clarifying my misconceptions!

The Rohrbaugh looks like an incredible pistol to be sure, and the EMP is still a pistol that I hope to actually shoot (and if it feels like I hope, to purchase)asap... but in the interim while I save up, I still wanted to have a daily carry piece that was small & had a trigger feel that worked better for me than my CW9 did. And I got lucky with finding the used SR9C. Of course it isn't single action (like I thought I 'needed'), but the trigger feel, price, and cc-ability of it has worked out really well for me.

I sent in my application to JCGC last week, so I'm hoping they'll get back to me soooooooon... so if anybody happens to have a Rohrbaugh and/or EMP I might try out, dinner and ammo are on me :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top