JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did we make an impulse buy?
Well, not sure about impulse and it was back in March, but ...

wackywebley-jpg.jpg

Last Edited:
Tangential question; if one was looking to load .38 S&W to close to the British .38/200 load, what additional would be required? Presumably load data from somewhere and possibly the correct sized bullet mold. Thanks much.
I did the same thing a couple years ago, bought a WW II Enfield revolver. It's pretty much the same gun as the Webley, so much so that there were lawsuits, as I recall reading.

I bought a 180gr mold from Accurate Molds that approximates the WWII 178gr fmj bullet, and worked up a load with Unique that matches the velocity. I've been happy with how well it shoots.

I've found that I don't shoot it a lot, so I probably would have been better off just buying some commercial cast bullets rather than buy a mold. I do enjoy shooting it, for the novelty as much as anything, but it's just not a real high-volume kind of gun, for me. If I'm going to shoot hundreds of rounds through a revolver in an afternoon, it'll be a butter-smooth S&W instead.

Tangential question; if one was looking to load .38 S&W to close to the British .38/200 load, what additional would be required? Presumably load data from somewhere and possibly the correct sized bullet mold. Thanks much.
Load data for 38/200 is available from lots of sources. I had to find a mold that dropped bullets large enough to shoot well. You may have to find a custom bullet maker to get a good bullet for these. You will need a bullet that measures .361 to .363.
A good place to ask is Cast Boolits .com DR

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top