JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DSC06837.jpg
So I have this Wingmaster from 1981...and I was thinking of putting a sling on it.
Will the currently made aftermarket magazine caps with the sling swivel built in work for this era of Wingmaster...?
And yes I know that I will have to drill the butt stock for the rear swivel .
Andy
Edit to add :
Its in 12 gauge with a factory 18 inch Improved Cylinder choke barrel

View attachment 628814
So I have this Wingmaster from 1981...and I was thinking of putting a sling on it.
Will the currently made aftermarket magazine caps with the sling swivel built in work for this era of Wingmaster...?
And yes I know that I will have to drill the butt stock for the rear swivel .
Andy
Edit to add :
Its in 12 gauge with a factory 18 inch Improved Cylinder choke barrel
Can't answer your question on the sling but, let me say, that thing is just sweet looking!!:s0155:

@HA556
Thank you very much....it shoots really well too.
I use for an all round fun shooter...nothing like blasting away with a 12 gauge...A close range grouse gun...And a "You came to the wrong house" gun...:D
Andy

My police 870 from '81 is set up in a similar way but I like this since it's clamped to the mag tube and the barrel. Seems sturdier to me.

I have not shopped around but I'm sure they still make them.

CE189B9F-077B-41A2-A49C-701CB1335A83.jpeg 79E00A7C-81D8-4190-BA88-5720B847B1DD.jpeg

If you're averse to drilling into the wood stock, does anyone know if they make an attachment that would sandwich between the pad and the wood portion of the stock?
It all depends on the firearm , that I am dealing with...mostly I am adverse to having a "Oops" or Or Sh!t moment when drilling into the wood stock...:D
That said , I have drilled into stocks before and will do so again.

@Joe13
Sweet looking shotgun you have there...and thanks for the links and ideas.
Andy

I am going to go with that option...
We do not have any Bi-Marts near by...nor any Coastal Stores...luckily the Uncle Mike's set up is fairly common to find in stock around where I live.
Andy
Geez, no Bi-mart? You must live under a rock buddy.. :D I listed those 2 stores because I thought they were the most common. Of course if you have a sportsman's or Cabela's close by, you will be able to find them there as well. That is the beauty of that kit. They are pretty easy to find. I think the first time I installed one, I was like 16. The wingmaster is such a cool shotgun. I have one right now that was made in '79, that I bought a few weeks ago and I'm contemplating doing the same thing to it, but it's so original that I don't know if I want to mess with it:
0qxx8cB.jpg

It is nice having a sling on these old guns though... My lefty is set up for sling use:
a8Y9elu.jpg
That was one of the first things I did to that shotgun. It only cost me $160.00, so I didn't feel so bad about changing stocks and putting a different cap on it.. The wingmasters were made to hunt, I don't know why they didn't add sling studs at the factory....

It is nice having a sling on these old guns though... The wingmasters were made to hunt, I don't know why they didn't add sling studs at the factory....

I've wondered that myself. In the early morning hours, my hands were so full of stuff while creeping into the duckblind, we absolutely had to have a sling on any of our shotguns, or make two trips.:confused:

I've wondered that myself. In the early morning hours, my hands were so full of stuff while creeping into the duckblind, we absolutely had to have a sling on any of our shotguns, or make two trips.:confused:
That's the perfect example right there. I remember so many freezing cold mornings packing decoys, dog and everything else my buddy and I could. We had to have our shotguns on slings for that for sure..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top