JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 628814
So I have this Wingmaster from 1981...and I was thinking of putting a sling on it.
Will the currently made aftermarket magazine caps with the sling swivel built in work for this era of Wingmaster...?
And yes I know that I will have to drill the butt stock for the rear swivel .
Andy
Edit to add :
Its in 12 gauge with a factory 18 inch Improved Cylinder choke barrel

Andy,

There are current magazine cap options with with quick detachable sling swivel stud that are set up just for the older Ball Detent system and others that will fit both the ball detent and internal ratchet systems.

Some examples:

Ball detent only:
Both Ball detent and internal ratchet:

And if you want a one shot extension with a QD sling swivel stud. This one costs quite a bit more and adds a few extra ounces.

My favorite simple shotgun carry strap with sewn in swivels is the quick adjust Black hawk nylon Mountain Sling with a sewn on rubber non-slip shoulder section. This used to be available from Uncle Mikes without a bold logo but I could find no current reference.

Lot of vendors, Midway was just a quick search source.

Last Edited:
Every Long Gun I own has a Sling mounted or has Studs mounted and a proper Sling is in my Pack or Pocket. 42 years ago I was out Deer Hunting and fell of a Log. I broke my Back. I had a Sling on my Rifle and was able to walk a ways down the hill to a point where my Bride was able to help me. I have a Sling on my Shotgun that I used for Ducks. It's a whole lot easier to pick up Decoys with my Shotgun over my shoulder.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top