JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Mrs308 is struggle a bit with the fixed sights on her P229 and combined with a bit of a vision problem (obviously why she finds me so attractive)...we are considering the addition of a DeltaPoint or something similar.

At this point I have found an Optima/JP Mount to be an option, but it looks like it will raise the sight up a bit too high.

Has anyone here sent a slide out to be milled for a red dot....Any thoughts or advice on the subject?

Thanks

Shooting a pistol with a red dot actually takes some getting used to. I have a Glock 17 MOS with a Venom 3MOA on it. I'm still getting used to it as far as proper presentation out of the holster. You can lose the dot quite easily if you don't line up right.

Shooting a pistol with a red dot actually takes some getting used to. I have a Glock 17 MOS with a Venom 3MOA on it. I'm still getting used to it as far as proper presentation out of the holster. You can lose the dot quite easily if you don't line up right.
We have on on the Ruger 22/45, so yeah...I know what you mean

I have a Razor on a FS M&P with a rear sight replacement mount. Razor is pretty tall, I didn't think the mount added much.

You seem concerned with height (aim point over the bore height), but just for comparison there is a fellow around NWFA who makes a rear mount.
Optic for Carry Pistol
Sight Mount Home

I have 2 Red Dots - one for a house gun, one for competition. Full disclosure, my Viper is back at the factory for repair - was failing out of the box.
M2.0 - S&W M&P 2.0
Vortex has an easy to use repair/warranty service.

I am using 6 moa dots.

One other idea: get a new milled slide, keep your original.

Not the Sig Red dot for a Sig?
Reflex Sights | Sig Sauer

Couple of thoughts - as to purpose -
1. How long does the battery last (some leave them on all the time and swap a $1 battery twice a year )
2. How fast does the unit take to turn on ( the Razor is slow to turn on)
3. How do you change the battery, is it OK for you (some don't like the Viper as you have to un-mount the red dot to change the battery )
4. Can you/should you co-witness the iron sights, if you do, do you need a new holster

Have you given any thought to a fiber optic front sight ?
I had the slide on my S&W 469 milled for an orange fiber optic.
Now I don't loose the blade anymore against a dark target. :)

If it's a compact, get green laser grips. She can then sight in on the dot if she still wants to use the Siglite sights.
If it's a full size, get one that rides the frame rail. I say green (more expensive) because it's MUCH easier to see, especially in daylight. Our eyes are just much more suited to the ~530nm λ.

I put a vortex viper on my glock with the adapter that requires you to remove the rear site and I agree it does raise it up too high I'm going to have my slide milled so I can have both the red dot and get a set of suppressor site's

Mrs308 is struggle a bit with the fixed sights on her P229 and combined with a bit of a vision problem (obviously why she finds me so attractive)...we are considering the addition of a DeltaPoint or something similar.

At this point I have found an Optima/JP Mount to be an option, but it looks like it will raise the sight up a bit too high.

Has anyone here sent a slide out to be milled for a red dot....Any thoughts or advice on the subject?

Thanks

There is a thread you should check out - may answer your question. He even added something to make acquiring the dot much faster:

Glock 19 Polymer80 - Optics slide melt.

When I used the adapter to install mine it's too high I had too turn the up down adjust screw all the way down to get it to site in and it's still not hitting right and I can't adjust it down any more

When I used the adapter to install mine it's too high I had too turn the up down adjust screw all the way down to get it to site in and it's still not hitting right and I can't adjust it down any more
I saw a vid where shims are supplied. Not sure which sight though.

I got the vortex viper it's a good one but I'm going to have my slide milled so I can have both sites my friend has the vortex venom on his mark 22/45 and he shoots quarter size group 's at 20 yards

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top