Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Slide Fire AR15 stock turns your AR into a full auto... seen it?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RallySoob, Mar 30, 2011.

1. RallySoob

RallySoob Salem, OR Active Member

Well not full auto but pretty much the same result with a bit less control... Its a way to bump fire from the shoulder. It is WAY over priced but interesting looking. Not sure I would buy it because I couldn't afford to shoot FA all the time plus its so ugly looking and cheaply designed for the $350 asking price. I searched 'Slide Fire' and haven't seen a thread on this yet.

Basicaly it allows the buffer tube and lower reciever to bounce back and forth within the stock and pistol grip. It also has a locking feature to make it perform like a normal stock. It comes with an ATF letter of approval too. Nothing else of its kind out on the market right now. I know someone made something like this in the past and it was retracted by ATF after being deemed approved but that was driven by a spring...this is driven by you pulling the fore end away from the grip/stock much like regular bump firing. What a gold mine... What do you guys think?

Click to go to their add with video> Slide Fire Solutions SSAR-15

SSAR-Close-Up-Installed-3.jpg

2. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

THere have been about 3-4 threads on that atrocity already LOL.

3. RallySoob

ah man...I search for it and found nothing... I thought I was gonna surprise you guys :p

I guess it did come out in late 2010...oh well. Looks like a fun gadget to me but imo worth about $75-$100 tops being its so cheap and ugly looking. I'll wait to see if it survives ATF for another year and/or the price coming down to earth. Makes me want to build a budget truck gun with chrome lined bbl and M4 ramps. wish it were cheaper though...

4. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

Well ya no what they say about opinions but I think its sorta stupid

5. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Actually it looks like a lot of fun if you can afford the ammo. The price is over the top though

6. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

I've handled one it looked well made, enough to deserve the price but I would'nt own one could not afford to feed it

7. ruSSrt

ruSSrt WA Member

get one while you can people. I bet soon they are going to be outlawed and price will sky rocket on those :)

8. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

if they're outlawed, it'll be because the ATF declares them "machineguns," and will get a federal court order for the company to release the names of every single dealer, shop, and individual they've sold them to, to be rounded up and collected for destruction

9. RallySoob

yes, You do not want to buy one if they are going to be banned in the future... Registering that thing as a class 3 weapon would suck..lol having 700+ invested in a pos stock. I here it will not be banned by ATF though. I found an alternative to this however. Its that american gold trigger with fastest reset of any trigger by 2x. I here with practice and the right sling you can shoulder bumpfire with no goofy stock required. or you could do like I have and hook your thumb to your breast pocket or backpack strap...or just practice a lot. It can be done

10. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Or you can use your middle finger like Nutnfancy

11. Ben Beckerich

Ben Beckerich NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

uhg. one more reason to hate that guy... why the hades does he use his middle finger? little too much paintballing, not enough practical shooting?

12. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I would only buy one with cash. ATF is very tricksy

13. ruSSrt

ruSSrt WA Member

And keep it under your floor board for "SHTF" day.

14. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

Or a guy could take the $380 dollars one of the gimmicks cost and buy some practice ammo , Go to the woods and set up some targets and practice shooting in a way that is actually of use!

15. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

That would be far too practical....

16. HollisOR

HollisOR Rural OR, South of Dallas Active Member

Bump firing has been around a long time and it can be done for Zero dollars. Join the Marines and you can shoot full for free and even get paid to do it, or take the money go to a gun club full auto shoot, out diner, and have money left over with a bigger smile on your face.