JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello I have a question on a purchase I had made on an sks 7.62x39mm with tWo 30 round clips a case a red dot sight and 400 rounds in a military ammunition box if you email me I can send pics but it's a Japan made rifle and was wondering what the value of it may be??? Please and thank you

Very valuable! Sure, pull the leg of the new guy. I think you mean its Chinese? Are the "clips" (please call them mags, or magazines or you're gonna get all kinds if responses,lol) duck bills? That would be "standard" for an SKS; Less common, but more desirable (generally) is the SKS-D(I think?) That takes AK mags, which have no bill, or lip. Value is always subjective, and most will tell you it's worth what someone is willing to pay. That said, without seeing it or knowing the condition, I'm guessing $3-400. Hope this helps.

Yes apology for the correction... It is Chinese made but in very good condition but not cherry ... It is wood stalk and has a good finish and is. Very well taken care of sighted and well cleaned every use

Just a base norinco sks goes for about $250-$275. I just bought off of this sight a Norinco sks with an extended tpaco mag, folding stock, and aftermarket flash hider for $240. I would say yours is just around $300 or less, depending on how fast you want to sell it.

No I'm not super set on selling it its my first rifle minus my wing master but just seeing of its value and if I got a horrible deal... If anyone would like to see ill post my cell for pictures

They are good rifles, just clean them once in a while - remember to clean the gas tube and piston too. Most of the russian ammo is really dirty lol. None of the duckbill mags have earned a reputation of feeding as reliably as the original fixed mags - but I always had good luck with tapco 20 rounders (in case the 30 rounders give you issues).

How much did you pay? They are around 300 +/- , sometimes a lot less on private party or auction and sometimes a lot more at gunstores lol. 500 rounds of ammo is around 125-150 bucks even at wallyworld with their 5 dollar a box tula stuff.

If you got 400 rounds, I'd say about $340 or so is fair.. I paid $240 for my 1967 Norinco Arsenal /26\ three years ago. It came with about 60 rounds. That's when people were still going crazy hoarding guns and ammo. The pawn shop in Stayton had a couple of Norinco SKS for $200 ea, as of a couple months ago.

If you hold on to yours for a few years you probably won't lose any money reselling it. The SKS has slowly been creeping up in price every year.

They are good rifles, just clean them once in a while - remember to clean the gas tube and piston too. Most of the russian ammo is really dirty lol. None of the duckbill mags have earned a reputation of feeding as reliably as the original fixed mags - but I always had good luck with tapco 20 rounders (in case the 30 rounders give you issues).

How much did you pay? They are around 300 +/- , sometimes a lot less on private party or auction and sometimes a lot more at gunstores lol. 500 rounds of ammo is around 125-150 bucks even at wallyworld with their 5 dollar a box tula stuff.

I paid a solid three fOr it but purchased it as a bundle it has the solid 5round mag and two 30 round mags a case and a box with 400 rounds and a red dot all for 500

Should be a 10 round fixed mag not a 5. If you use stripper clips and practice loading with them it is possible to get reloads done fairly quick, and you really wont have to worry about misfeeds with the original magazine.

The area affects the price a lot too - I think sks fetch more in the populated areas (maybe the overall younger customer base, or that more people are looking for evil "assault" weapons and think the sks is one...who freeking knows). I know when i lived in the city, any sks rifles at under 300 disappear fairly quick - and i seen one on a gun store shelf up in pdx just the other day for 350 lol. But the economy in this area is tanking or something idk. I would shoot it a bit and if you hate it sell it off at a later date when prices are up, or maybe try to trade it for a different rifle if that's your thing.

Heck yea I definitely do learn somethin everyday... My next investment is a 45 acp. Anyone have one up for grabs? Or is anyone going to the gunshow in PDx this weekend?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top