JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
… and still not here yet.

The nice lady who took our paperwork said it would be 4-6 weeks. I forgot she probably meant 4-6 weeks in Government Time which is the opposite of Dog Years.

The wait will just make you that much happier when you get it. Kinda like waiting for Christmas when you were young. :p

Or I may die of old age.

Yay! It finally arrived. It only took 6 weeks and 2 days.

The lady at the county desk was almost right.

Wow that's a long time. I got mine in 2 weeks and they told me it could take up to 2 months since I was a resident less than 90 days. Guess it depends on the amount of applications they have. I'm up in Stevens County.

1620504_707551419290038_314931216_n.jpg Wait time just depends on where you applied, holidays, and amount of people applying. I got mine in the exact 31 days I was quoted by the Snohomish county sheriff's office. Funny though, my dad applied at the same office and got his in a week (bastard went 50 years without bothering with it). Worth the wait.

The lady said it was normally about 3-4 weeks, but with the holiday and end of year paperwork it would be more like 4-6 weeks. She nailed it.

Now I'm just wearing at home, getting used to the weight and trying not to telegraph it when I move around. I figure once I know where it fits best and I'm comfortable with it, the chances of alerting others is diminished considerably. The last thing I want to do is freak out the nervous ninny's.

I've had the butt of mine poke through my shirt in the summer at the grocery store. Some lady went outside and called the cops. While exiting I was greeted by two Sheriffs. Being a legal CC card holder, I just did as I was told and everything turned out fine. The cops were way cool about it and even laughed when I was walking away and told the lady to go Fu*k herself and get a hobby. You will always run into people that just don't get it and never will. Just be comfortable and "try" not to show.

I applied here in Multnomah County Oregon in early December. They said I would get an email in about two weeks with my app date. Thank goodness I checked on it with a phone call because the nice lady I spoke to informed me it was sent out (never got it checked daily and all spam boxes in my gmail) and my app was on Feb 17th. I was a little bummed it would take so long, but it's drawing closer so now I'm just glad it's almost here. Not stoked about having to wait after the finger printing for the physical license in the mail to carry though...

Good point. It came early!

These are like so many things when Government is involved. I tell people to not expect it in less than a couple months. Some times it's weeks. You are dealing with people who can't be fired and often could care less. So you just have to roll with it. When it's time to renew it's like going to catch a flight. Be there early. I have heard many say, "damn I was in and out in no time". So someone runs down there an hour before they close then leaves empty handed. Many of the employee's could care less. Don't go in with the idea that you have someplace else to be and hope. Thankfully it's a long time till you have to do it again once you get it done.

They were super nice at the Sherrifs dept when I handed in my initial application. I had read that there was a surge of chl apps in multnomah County and didn't expect it to happen any time quickly. Although I read something that said in Oregon there is a 45 day shall issue rule that they have to abide by, but I'm sure that was written way before Portland and the surrounding areas had the major boom in population.

My Washington CHL took less than two weeks in Clark County. I took the time to drive to Linn County (instead of the long wait time for Multnomah Co.) today to apply for an out-of-state Oregon license and the woman who was helping me indicated I should receive it in 3-4 weeks.

My Washington CHL took less than two weeks in Clark County. I took the time to drive to Linn County (instead of the long wait time for Multnomah Co.) today to apply for an out-of-state Oregon license and the woman who was helping me indicated I should receive it in 3-4 weeks.

I wish I could've just applied to another county, but I was under the impression I had to apply to my county of residence. Multnomah is just too over populated for what the cities in it can handle now :/

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top