JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been reading that the one-off approvals have been primarily LEO and military expedited forms. That said, I have also read that people have been getting approvals from January, so here's hoping I'm up next.

My buddy just got his approval in the mail today, 5 months from the time check was cashed, paper file. My other buddy got his check cashed last may and is still waiting so who knows lol

What's great is that SilencerShop is helping their vendor partners by doing Form 4s for more than just cans. That's enough to make me buy cans from them in the future if I somehow find enough hosts for all my spares.

What's great is that SilencerShop is helping their vendor partners by doing Form 4s for more than just cans. That's enough to make me buy cans from them in the future if I somehow find enough hosts for all my spares.
Such a terrible predicament you find yourself in, sir!

I'm over 10 months now waiting for can purchased at Silencer Shop. Trust form 4. I heard that last May the wait was 6-7 months ... then everyone bought a can. If it comes next month then my average wait for my 3 cans will be 11 months.
I hope the e forms will keep folks from waiting like I did.

I'm over 10 months now waiting for can purchased at Silencer Shop. Trust form 4. I heard that last May the wait was 6-7 months ... then everyone bought a can. If it comes next month then my average wait for my 3 cans will be 11 months.
I hope the e forms will keep folks from waiting like I did.
Paper forms suck. One of my two current actives had its one year anniversary on Saturday, and the other one is over 10 months in. The item I have going into eForm 4 right now is going to be an interesting race to see if I get it before I get stamps on either one of my paper submissions.

Such a terrible predicament you find yourself in, sir!
It's the benefit of living a life free of having children struggling to find their incentive to go to college and be whatever it is they think they want to be today, let alone the money for counselors to help them find themselves.

Yep, no nest means more toys.

I hope E-File is faster as I have 3 cans (form 4 trust) in jail from the first part of November 2021 before E-File came about and according to current wait time it might be this November 2022 before I see them.

Then I have one E-File (form 4 trust) that is now going on 58 days from being Certified by the ATF, so we will see if I get it in the 90 days or not.

All run through my local Silencer Shop dealer.

This is propaganda, it's not normal to get back an approval so quick. It should be. Absolutely. But it isn't. The ATF works like all feds, slow and zero efffs given. They'll take their sweet time forever. My latest can approval was 13 months. The one before that (pre covid) was 7 months. I have 2 in jail still coming up on the 11th and 12th month. It's dumb. Of all the cans I have, all the backgrounds done on me, on all my creds and my military clearance it should have been approved long ago.

If you think it is slow now just wait until they say arm braces are really stocks and everyone wants to Form 1 there receivers to remain good upstanding citizens. Because we all know paying a 200 dollar tax will make us more responsible than what we are now. LOL

That's why this administration wants more funding to hire more ATF agents, you know to help us get our ATF forms processed faster, Or is it!

Only had one eForm come back approved so far:

IMG_1077.jpg

Filed under a trust, came back quicker than expected. Still have a few older than this one though without Approvals, but at least getting one back already is promising.

This is propaganda, it's not normal to get back an approval so quick. It should be. Absolutely. But it isn't. The ATF works like all feds, slow and zero efffs given. They'll take their sweet time forever. My latest can approval was 13 months. The one before that (pre covid) was 7 months. I have 2 in jail still coming up on the 11th and 12th month. It's dumb. Of all the cans I have, all the backgrounds done on me, on all my creds and my military clearance it should have been approved long ago.
You are spot on Shootzmedler! There is no such thing as good performance with feds, state or local. As I mentioned, I have purchased 3 cans from the Silencer Shop in the last 6 years. I have a FFL and am instant approved when purchasing firearms, but it make no difference as you says regarding cans. And having a trust makes the wait longer now days.
It is all BS ... and paying $700 or more 12 months in advance just makes me nuts.
I feel better now...thanks for the rant.

My hope is that the forthcoming Republican congress, combined with the end of the idiot's reign in 2024, will rectify the law and make silencers legal without the stamp stupidity as a public health measure so that hearing loss associated with shooting will become a relic of the past.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top