JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm having serious issues with my sig. after about 4 or 5 mags through it the slide does not lock on the last round fired. When I load a new mag with the slide locked it jams when I release it. I have ocd, so the gun is very clean and properly oiled. It shoots great after cleaned, but not for very long. Someone tell me something.

7C474362-DA70-419C-B5B8-5A5A1122AF36.jpeg

How many magazines do you have?
Are they they originals that came with it?
Is it new?
Does all this happen with different magazines?

It's a thing... Well, for me it was. Some of the myriad of Sig supplied magazines had issues.
I had the very same issues and when I talked with Sig - they didn't want the pistol back until they sent me 2 new mags to try first. No questions.
They did work. I tossed the 2 that came with it. This is not always the case - your mileage may vary...

Also - what type/mgf of ammo are you using?

Last Edited:
Not saying yours is this case but alot of 1911 problems seem to be the mags. As stated above see is sig will send you some mags or buy a wilson combat

Gun is practically new. 4 new sig 8 rounders with slam pads. Winchester, Remington, and federal 230 fmj
Myself, personally - I'd try with a Wilson or other known good magazine first to see if that's the issue first.
Having a friend with a couple to try would be nice...

Try putting a loaded mag in, minus one round. Push up on the mag, while releasing the slide.
If you're comfortable with it, and at a safe place, push up on the mag while firing, and empty (while shooting) the mag, to see if it locks back on the last round.
Sounds to me that the mags are the issue, or the feed ramp.

What's your recoil spring setup? Stock or "plus p"? Hard to guess on stuff like this not seeing it but I'd start by looking at the recoil spring/rod see if it's correct and no damage....the barrel link and slide catch (bent/sticking or loose)...maybe look at the barrel bushing if it's too tight from the paint on it idk. Just ideas of what I would be checking

Does it do this on ALL mags?
I suspect the mag catch isn't correctly fit to the pistol frame, or If you changed it out to an aftermarket one, not fitting properly! This is a well known issue with 1911's, especially when factory parts get changed out, but even factory ones will fail if not properly fit!

Is odd that it starts happening after he shoots a few mags though....would lead me to think it's something tightening or moving from heat swell or dirt/powder accumulation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top