JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please forgive my ignorance. I have a new P320; it worked fine before I performed the following mods: Norsso slide/bull barrel and an Apex trigger bar.
Now moving the slide fails to cock the trigger. It might be a simple problem, but I'm at a loss.
Any help will be appreciated!
Rick

Don't own a 320, however if this were a Glock or an m&p, I'd think your striker isn't catching your trigger bar so it's not pulling your trigger forward for a reset. Means your geometry is off. I'd change one part at a time from stock configuration and whichever part causes failure is your problem

I had the same problem with Apex part in a different gun. After many frustrating hours of assembling
and disassembling I contacted Apex. Oh sorry we had a bad batch of parts go out that were out
of spec. They sent me a new part.

Yep, sounds like something is not catching the striker to reset it. Replace all the stock parts and check functionality, it should work. Then replace one part at a time and find out which one is broke. Seems like we already have a good suspect so I would start with that one.

On the other hand if it works with any single replacement part, but not all of them, then you have a tolerance stacking issue. That will be a bigger PITA to get the manufacturers to fix as they will be inclined to point fingers at each other instead of taking the blame. You will probably have to start taking measurements of all the critical features and compare them to the stock parts, then figure out where the tolerance stacking is happening. Once you have measurements in hand I find it much easier to properly lay blame and get vendors to make it right.

(oh, and the 3xx series has had the bugs worked out of it. It was unfortunate that they released a new product with such a bad bug in the design, and they will be roasted for it forever, but your gun should be perfectly safe despite all the jokes. The only issues you may have is if you purchased a used gun. If that is the case I would contact Sig to verify your pistol has received the fix. They should be able to look that up by the serial number.)

As another member mentioned, with the Apex Trigger upgrade you need to lock back the slide lever after reassembling. I had the same issue the first time I built one of my P320s up with the new trigger and figured it out just checking every functionality. Hope that works for you, not positive for the aftermarket slide but it sounds like the same type of issue.

I meant "upgrading" the gun from its stock configuration by adding "go fast" etc parts. Not the upgrade dirty carry was talking about. You know how like people put big spoilers on rice burners to make them go faster. Or take a stock Glock that will run basically forever with no malfunctions and put fancy triggers etc on them and then complain about how Glocks are unreliable.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top