JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let me first state that I am pretty new to the P320 platform. I just picked up a Compact slide today and after installing it on my grip module the FCU will not release the firing pin and will not reset. The trigger is basically dead.

I have put 2 other slides on the same module/FCU and they work without issue so I know it has to be something with the slide. The slide I picked up today is the FDE one and in the pictures it's obvious that there are differences in the machining. The slide goes on the module fine but simply won't cycle or engage the trigger.

I know Sig has done some voluntary updates on their products. Would this fall under that? Or is there an older FCU that will work with this slide that I can purchase? Without going back into the issue of them going off during a drop test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

B5D00FCE-0AC5-48DA-B744-40CC68710EDB.jpeg 0FF095CE-16A4-43EC-9515-67D983CB409D.jpeg

figured it out. @Moderators you can lock this.

I am using an old slide with an updated FCU. The slide doesn't have a notch for the disconnecter which is depressed on assembly which forces the trigger to go dead. I'll just have to reach out to Sig and send it in.

Thanks.

Let me first state that I am pretty new to the P320 platform. I just picked up a Compact slide today and after installing it on my grip module the FCU will not release the firing pin and will not reset. The trigger is basically dead.

I have put 2 other slides on the same module/FCU and they work without issue so I know it has to be something with the slide. The slide I picked up today is the FDE one and in the pictures it's obvious that there are differences in the machining. The slide goes on the module fine but simply won't cycle or engage the trigger.

I know Sig has done some voluntary updates on their products. Would this fall under that? Or is there an older FCU that will work with this slide that I can purchase? Without going back into the issue of them going off during a drop test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

View attachment 1266089 View attachment 1266090

I didn't watch the video. But I can tell you that I have that exact problem with my older P320 when I install that slide back on. Just pull back the slide, and lock the slide back with the slide stop. You'll hear a click. Release the slide back home and the trigger will work perfect every time after that. Just remember to do that after your done reassembling the gun each time.

I didn't watch the video. But I can tell you that I have that exact problem with my older P320 when I install that slide back on. Just pull back the slide, and lock the slide back with the slide stop. You'll hear a click. Release the slide back home and the trigger will work perfect every time after that. Just remember to do that after your done reassembling the gun each time.
I'll try that. Do you release it by dropping the slide stop or by pulling the slide back and then manually releasing it? I've tried it multiple times by dropping the slide catch after putting the slide on with no luck.

I'll try that. Do you release it by dropping the slide stop or by pulling the slide back and then manually releasing it? I've tried it multiple times by dropping the slide catch after putting the slide on with no luck.
It doesn't matter how you drop the slide. All that matters is that when you push that slide stop up in that area to lock the slide in the rear position.

Send in the slides for them to do the upgrade and not look back. They mill it out quickly and send it back. Then send them the second one
Yea that's what I'm going to do. Cause the slide needs the upgrade. I'm not going to run around with a gimmick slide. I just gotta call Sig on Monday.

The Glock people always have their jealous noses pressed up against the glass.

:D

Austria just called.
They will trade 5 Glocks for one SIG.
Haha 😂. Funny part is I've been messaging him behind the scenes asking some questions. I used to make fun of them for the drop issue but that's long in the rear view mirror. And I haven't purchased a Glock in several years because I don't really want another one. Go figure.

Haha 😂. Funny part is I've been messaging him behind the scenes asking some questions. I used to make fun of them for the drop issue but that's long in the rear view mirror. And I haven't purchased a Glock in several years because I don't really want another one. Go figure.
I have both and like both.
But if I ever got into a shootout for money, I'd grab my SIG X-Five.
That thing's like cheatin'

Love me some X5! I got an in stock email from Sig the other day. I now have a TXG (small) grip module in route from the mothership as we speak. Looks like it we be here next Tuesday. :)
Like ^^^
I have a TXG on a home-brew Legion but I need to work the trigger to match my X-Five.
The TXG module (tungsten infused) will make you pee in yer pants when you get ahold of it.
Is it polymer or is it steel ? (your brain will think)

I have an X5 non Legion (bought it from a fellow member here. He bought the FCU and the slide/TXG grip module separately).

While the medium TXG grip module is comfortable, it's just a tad too big. I have small poly grip modules that feel better. Hoping the small TXG will offer the same improvement.

I like the fact that Sig went with a 1911 style recoil setup. Makes it real easy to fine tune the recoil impulse. I have several springs in different weights, but I haven't felt the need to change from the factory weight. I've never racked a pistol slide that was as easy as on the X5! The S&W M&P grip was made for my hand, but I think with the small TXG grip module, it will come close to the M&P.

I like the fact that Sig went with a 1911 style recoil setup. Makes it real easy to fine tune the recoil impulse. I have several springs in different weights, but I haven't felt the need to change from the factory weight. I've never racked a pistol slide that was as easy as on the X5! The S&W M&P grip was made for my hand, but I think with the small TXG grip module, it will come close to the M&P.
I'd wager that quite a few Full Size P320 owners don't know that they can convert to 1911 recoils springs.
It's a great feature and a great design.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top