JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While I do have a couple manual safety FCU's, Sig does not offer the TXG grip modules with the needed cut for the safety levers, so they won't fit anyway.
Just buy one of these jigs on ebay to make a cut on any 320 frame to accommodate FCU's with a safety switch

1662317202682.jpeg

While I do have a couple manual safety FCU's, Sig does not offer the TXG grip modules with the needed cut for the safety levers, so they won't fit anyway.
Yep, probably easier to get Gen1/Gen2 mixed up, but not many Gen 1's in the wild anymore.
At one time AB Prototype would do the MS module cut.
Don't know if they still offer the service.

It's going to be something easy.
When "locked and stuck back" have you tried moving the TDL to 7:00 (open position), moving the slide to battery position and then locking the TDL ?

I still think it could be something to do with the striker lug and sear. That is a connection from upper to lower and if it's out of phase it could cause a jam.
Assuming this FCU is a known-good entity.

Well I got to the range and was showing a couple of my speed steel buddies what it was doing. Without thinking, I used both thumbs with all my might and was able to get the slide to drop. It's getting better the more I play with it. Only thing I can think of is that the module a few thousand's too thick and that is impeding the rotation of the TDL preventing it from seating properly.

I'm heading out for lunch but I'll be coming back to the club for some live fire. Maybe it just needs a break in of sorts. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll update everyone once I get some live fire done….

Well I got to the range and was showing a couple of my speed steel buddies what it was doing. Without thinking, I used both thumbs with all my might and was able to get the slide to drop. It's getting better the more I play with it. Only thing I can think of is that the module a few thousand's too thick and that is impeding the rotation of the TDL preventing it from seating properly.

I'm heading out for lunch but I'll be coming back to the club for some live fire. Maybe it just needs a break in of sorts. Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll update everyone once I get some live fire done….
Hopefully it smooths out. The TXG modules are great.

Yep, probably easier to get Gen1/Gen2 mixed up, but not many Gen 1's in the wild anymore.
At one time AB Prototype would do the MS module cut.
Don't know if they still offer the service.

It's going to be something easy.
When "locked and stuck back" have you tried moving the TDL to 7:00 (open position), moving the slide to battery position and then locking the TDL ?

I still think it could be something to do with the striker lug and sear. That is a connection from upper to lower and if it's out of phase it could cause a jam.
Assuming this FCU is a known-good entity.
AB Prototype did my two FCU manual safety cuts. They did a awesome job and excellent customer service to boot!

I did not know that there was a problem with the TDL.
For that issue, some P320's have a little break-in period.
Especially the ones that are using the 1911 recoil spring system.

So, with the slide locked back, push DOWN on the end of the exposed recoil spring assembly (captured or uncaptured).
This usually "adjusts" the RSA so it's not impeding the rotation of the TDL.
As the pistol is broken in, it becomes a non-issue.

There are some "cool tools" for P320
I encouraged Squirrel Daddy to offer 3mm an 4mm punches.

I did not know that there was a problem with the TDL.
For that issue, some P320's have a little break-in period.
Especially the ones that are using the 1911 recoil spring system.

So, with the slide locked back, push DOWN on the end of the exposed recoil spring assembly (captured or uncaptured).
This usually "adjusts" the RSA so it's not impeding the rotation of the TDL.
As the pistol is broken in, it becomes a non-issue.

There are some "cool tools" for P320
I encouraged Squirrel Daddy to offer 3mm an 4mm punches.
Car pooled with my wife from the range to lunch and I forgot to grab my pistol bag from her car when she dropped me back off. So no live fire yet. Looks like we'll have some time to head over to Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club for testing her shortly.

I'm pretty confident that the issue is resolved now though. I was able to get it to unlock by pressing down on the RSA. Did it a few times and it worked every time. Did it without touching the RSA and it would not release. As long as there are no surprises when I do the live fire, then I'll be a happy camper! Lol

Fired about 75rds with no performance issues. With only that limited time with the small TXG grip module, I was still able to confirm that the juice was worth the squeeze, as they say. I'll probably sell the medium TXG grip module at some point. Love me some X5! :s0116:

Took the X5 and M&P 2.0 5 inch to the range today. Planned on shooting them both equally, but the M&P got the full workout. X5 will have to wait till the next range trip.

After pulling out the X5 to go back in the safe, I decided to strip the slide off and reassemble several times. It is now acting like normal with no need to touch the guide rod at all. I suppose the grip module needed to be broke in with the FCU and upper….

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top