JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a P229 40 cal & a P220. Strangely every cheap aftermarket weirdo mag has worked perfectly. Even some $9 unmarked 8 rounders for the P220. Give the aftermarket a try.

I don't think there is an aftermarket 14 round mag for the P227. I have not seen any. The mags are made by MecGar who is usually the maker of aftermarket mags for SIG. I would not mind finding a 20 or even 30 round mag as a secondary backup mag to the 14 rounder.

The new 225 is very tempting even knowing Sig's quality control hiccups. Just feels so nice.

And were I richer I would be snagging the P229 and P220 Legion guns. Trigger on those is just...sexy. I know I can get the same trigger for my existing gun. Its tempting but the one on my 220 is worn in nicely and very smooth itself.

Check out the new 225 if you want a single stack compact.

The new 225 is very tempting even knowing Sig's quality control hiccups. Just feels so nice.

And were I richer I would be snagging the P229 and P220 Legion guns. Trigger on those is just...sexy. I know I can get the same trigger for my existing gun. Its tempting but the one on my 220 is worn in nicely and very smooth itself.

Check out the new 225 if you want a single stack compact.
Not small enough

Not small enough

Derp totally glossed over the "same size as p938" part.

Thats going to be tough. The 239 is about as small as they make a DA gun - and its not much smaller than the 225.

There is the 224 which has a poor reputation for reliability and its just a glock 26 sized Sig with fat double stack grip.

Closest DA gun i can think of is the striker fired Kahr K or P series guns. They are tiny but still striker guns.

Beretta has the 9000s which are double action 9s but it is again a G26 size double stack and kind of hard to find now.

Tested new springs in the 14 round mags for the P227. So far so good. Need to put another 14 rounds of ammo thru each before I am relatively certain that this fixes the problems they had with factory springs.