JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$850
Manufacturer
Sig Sauer
Caliber
9mm
City
TIGARD
State
Oregon
Zip Code
For sale is a red box Sig P226 with a ton of accessories and already set up to take a 1/2x28 suppressor. "Red box" Sigs are generally refurbed and modernized law enforcement and trade-ins, but can also be unused/unissued and virtually new. This one apparently was never issued as it was in perfectly new condition when I bought it a year ago.

To date it has only had about 100 rounds through the factory barrel. Shoots like an absolute champ the way this legendary pistol should. Selling only to raise funds for other projects.

Since then I have added Sig suppressor-height night sights and a very high quality Silencero threaded barrel. Though I set it up to take a can, the threaded barrel has zero rounds through it.

Included:
- original box with all original contents
- factory barrel with very low round count
- 2 15-rd mags (Sig OEM)
- 2 17-rd mags (Sig OEM)
- a CompTac Kydex holster designed for tactical and/or competition use

All in all this is a great way to get into a can-ready 226 with all the extras for less than $1000.

Located in Tigard. Preferred FFL is Tigard Pawn. PM or text Scott @ 805-443-1391 with questions or offers. No trades at this time.

IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1469.JPG IMG_1471.JPG IMG_1476.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I purchased a sig from the cdnn outfit, also a redbox p226,40.sw. I'm sure my 226 was never fired. Don't know why these pistols were never used but I got one and I am should have got two. To the lucky one that gets this 226, enjoy and smile hard. Life is good!

The price is good for the current market and the system. My Mk25 (Navy spec 226) is my favorite SIG.

Redbox SIGs that come from LE orgs may have never been issued because I am sure the LE orgs keep a stock in their armory for issue to new LEOs and for backup should there be a problem with issued guns.

At some point an LE org may switch to a different pistol (e.g., the SIG 320/etc.) and find themselves with unissued guns that they trade back in to the seller/manufacturer (depending on whether they buy direct or not) when they switch.

Recoil Gunworks gets a lot of trade ins of guns and ammo. At one point they had several semi auto FN 249s that were unissued for sale at about $7K. I've bought some good SD ammo from them that was unissued but a trade in from PDs, for a good discount - before the pandemic panic buying started.

The price is good for the current market and the system. My Mk25 (Navy spec 226) is my favorite SIG.

Redbox SIGs that come from LE orgs may have never been issued because I am sure the LE orgs keep a stock in their armory for issue to new LEOs and for backup should there be a problem with issued guns.

At some point an LE org may switch to a different pistol (e.g., the SIG 320/etc.) and find themselves with unissued guns that they trade back in to the seller/manufacturer (depending on whether they buy direct or not) when they switch.

Recoil Gunworks gets a lot of trade ins of guns and ammo. At one point they had several semi auto FN 249s that were unissued for sale at about $7K. I've bought some good SD ammo from them that was unissued but a trade in from PDs, for a good discount - before the pandemic panic buying started.
I was very surprised that the pistol I received was impeccable. I was expecting a nice piece but not showroom new. Mine was a 40sw. Bought a factory 9mm barrel and a couple of magazines. I might be set with my 226. We'll see.

I was very surprised that the pistol I received was impeccable. I was expecting a nice piece but not showroom new. Mine was a 40sw. Bought a factory 9mm barrel and a couple of magazines. I might be set with my 226. We'll see.

That is the other thing; you can buy a used/new .40/.357 slide with barrel or a .40 "conversion kit" (same thing) and buy some .40/.357 mags and switch calibers. You can also get a .22 LR conversion kit. I have both for my 226s and my 229s. The .22 conversion kit works well, is cheap/fun to shoot, and helps with practicing technique.

The threaded barrel itself is worth over $150.

That is the other thing; you can buy a used/new .40/.357 slide with barrel or a .40 "conversion kit" (same thing) and buy some .40/.357 mags and switch calibers. You can also get a .22 LR conversion kit. I have both for my 226s and my 229s. The .22 conversion kit works well, is cheap/fun to shoot, and helps with practicing technique.

The threaded barrel itself is worth over $150.
This 226 has a very nice start to many options for a very long time

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top