JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am considering buying my first Sig. It will more than likely be the P220 (love .45acp). I am leaning towards the full sized P220 for the greater sight radius but would like to here from some of you who have owned or shot both the full sized and the carry/compact models what you think of the differences between them.

I doubt I will ever carry it, so that is not really a consideration, but, I have heard that the carry/compact models with the shorter barrel(3.9 vs 4.4) and slide are more comfortable to shoot and easier to control.

Accuracy is my main concern. I doubt there is any major differences in accuracy between the 3.9 and 4.4 barrel, but, if you think there is, let me know.

I have a compact which is different from the carry. The carry has a shorter length but standard length grip. The compact feels a bit awkward to me. The grip is too short and the skinny pinky extension might actually make it worse. If you aren't going to carry it, I suggest a carry or full size.

I recently got rid of my 220 carry. It was a good gun and was the perfect size for a carry gun for me. The gun was extremely accurate and never had a problem with it. I'm more of a 1911 guy so that why I got rid of it.

I had a P220 Carry. There really is no advantage to it over the full-sized model other than the modestly shorter slide/barrel length. It was a great gun, but I eventually sold it because it wasn't that concealable and was just big enough that I never carried it like I did my other guns. I have an XDM 3.8 Compact .45 now that's great because it really is short enough to stay well concealed with the smaller 9-round magazine and morphs into the same grip profile as the full sized XDM .45 when you stick the 13-round magazine into it. I carry it during the winter mainly, with my Kahr CM9, my Sig C3 1911 (my favorite pistol ever), or my Ruger SP101 .357 doing duty during the warmer months. The XDM 3.8 Compact .45 s great because you can carry it, then come home and slap the loaded 13-round mag in it and you've got a great hi-cap .45 home defense gun. If I were you I'd go with the full size P220, just because I didn't really see that much benefit from the slightly shorter slide profile. Both great guns, though.

I have the full size P220 and carry it every day in a Galco shoulder holster. This gun is my pet for sure. Very accurate. I have never shot a carry but have been looking for one just to be more concealable. Carry it or not, I would recommend the full size.

I can't say enough good things about Sig handguns, they are the Rolex of guns in my opinion. Expensive but very accurate right out of the box and dead nuts reliable. Never had the 220 but love that pistol.

I have a 232 in 380 caliber and a P245 in 45 acp. Both top performers.