JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Before the critics tear me apart I'm a 9mm Guy, and these targets were at 25 yards. I had fired 200 rounds through a kimber within a month of shooting this. Otherwise Its been 15 years since I fired a 45acp. This is a new pistol with a single box through it. The trigger requires a heavier pull than my broke in Beretta 92 inox. But the trigger was still good just not there yet. After 1k it may get lighter.
1st magazine, trying to get a feel.
IMG_20110316_145139.jpg

2nd magazine
IMG_20110316_145116.jpg

3rd magazine
IMG_20110316_145127.jpg

I too have a P220 Carry- Elite model & am very pleased with it. If I do my job right, it performs very well! I replaced the wood grips w/ the alumamin grips & found them to fit my hand much better as they are slimer and have a good checkering.

Good luck w/ your P220 carry- shoot it & become more proficient with it.

SVT-ROY what kind of ammo were you using? Pretty good grouping considering it is new to you!
To all: I just ordered a P220 Carry Elite Dark and looking forward to trying it out. Have folks found a particular ammunition manufacturer that the Sig seems to work best with?

Well, I've put 150 rounds through my P220 carry elite. At 50 feet both I and a pretty good shot I know have trouble hitting paper! Always 7 o'clock and really low. I've adjusted the sights as much as I can. I can get near the inner ring on an 8 inch round target if I aim at the top right corner of the paper. I talked to a Sig dealer and he said call Sig Sauer. I called them and they told me it was me. I could send the gun back but if nothing was wrong it would cost me $110 to get it back. Nice... Any ideas? I'm new to shooting, but at the same distance I can get a .357 with .38 special loads within three inches consistently standing. Any ideas guys? People tell me my stance is OK. Got some suggestions on the grip, but it didn't matter.

Before you ship your gun anywhere, try shooting it supported. 9 out of 10 times I've tried that, its proven its me. Experts say where your finger contacts the trigger can affect your POI. For rt handed person, if hitting left of POA, trigger contact area is too close to the finger tip. Try grabbing a bit more trigger.

Also, while recovering from your operation, try dry firing your gun every night, about 100 times or more if you can. I dry fire my P229 while taking aim at a 1" red circle stuck to a metal plate I nailed to the back wall of my garage. You will be able to see what the muzzle is doing when the hammer drops. It has definitely improved my shooting, even though I don't do it that often. I strongly recommend a metal plate or something capable of preventing a bullet from going thru a drywall, for safety's sake.

Sig DA/SA triggers are great, but like with most if not all guns, they need to be broken in, same as the shooter. Dry fining will help with both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top