JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I finally had to get rid of mine. The first gun that I have ever sold/traded in. Even if it did ever shoot 10 straight shots without jamming or mis feeding, it never shot straight.

I picked up a Walther P22 and lost $100 in the exchange. I don't know how Sig ever allowed the "Mosquito" into their otherwise excellent lineup. Piece of junk!

I don't think that should be an issue. With that being said I would contact SIG and get whatever information from them you can, such as how they want it shipped blah blah blah and all that, explain what is happening and see what they say. Keep us in the loop, Im sure we would all like to know how SIG treats its costumers.

My brother has one that ONLY cycles CCI mini mags, about 70% of the time. Total piece of junk, nice to look at but, why buy a 22 if it only shoots the most expensive 22's? He is too stubborn to return it to the factory-I keep tlling him that they would at least try to repair it.

I have no problems with federal .22 in the Mosquito. Remember that some firearms are finikee. My vintage Colt Ace will only digest CCI Stingers........thats it, it will not function with anything else.

Hey , I got a sig mosquito ,and is shoting all over the place and also double feeds , any ideas , thanks !
Were you shooting low velocity bulk pack loads or CCI Mini-Mags?

Page 10 in the Owners' manual talks about the 2 different recoil springs. If the pistol has not been shot much, it might not be broken-in. There seem to be a lot of folks who complain of their Mosquito's FTE/FTF when they were using the wrong recoil spring.

Mine function pretty good when I use the correct recoil spring for the load in which I'm shooting. It's not 100% flawless but then how many .22lr firearms out there aren't finicky with ammo.

There is also a very good long thread (40-50 pages) over at the Sig Forum that talks about the Mosquito. Very good read.

Here's a link to the Sig Mosquito Owner's Manual:

<broken link removed>

Hey guys , I call sigarms and they said I got no warranty because is used ! , so I can send the gun but there's a $55 bucks service charge,and has to be paid before the gun gets ship , if needs more repairs or so, it can go up from the $55 charge , at this point I think i'll get rid of it , possible trade out for a ruger or something else, i'll go check some guns during the weekend, thanks all.

Make sure your fingers are not putting lots of side pressure on the slide. Does not take a lot of drag from your fingers to slow the slide down. Also, don't limp wrist it. You want as much energy as possible going into pushing the slide back.

Good cleaning and oiling helped my wife's gun run at 100%. We had poor luck with her gun until I cleaned it and she worked on her grip. It is so much fun to shoot now.

Mine had some issues for the first few mags, and has issues with some cheap bulk ammo. If I use cheap ammo, shooting a bag full of ammo with a spritz of Remoil helps a lot.

It's working fine now.

And, to those who say they are finicky with ammunition, I have a friend with a Ruger that doesn't like a couple of types of ammunition too. Jams right up if you use that particular ammunition. My personal opinion is that the chambers are too tight for the variances in ammunition these days, and a slight reaming would help most 22's.

I would call the manufacturer & give them a chance to make it right, before just dumping it off

BEWARE OF LOW SERIAL NUMBERS!

I got one of the early Mosquitos when they were first put on the market, round about 2005. It was junk, so I sent it back with detailed list of problems. Fail to fire, fail to feed, fail to eject, etc. They sent me a new gun.

My replacement pistol is better, but still not reliable. By communicating with SigArms CS, I've learned a few things about the little guns.

They are VERY ammo sensitive. Sig suggests CCI Mini Mags.

They are also VERY dirt sensitive. They need cleaning, often. Every 150 rds or so, because .22 ammo is inherently dirty.

They work best when lubed very well. They need a lot of oil, including the small hole on the slide near the extractor. That hole is there to inject oil to the extractor. Most semi autos only need a light coating of oil, but the Mosquito needs to be hosed down. There is also the issue of two recoil springs. You need to use the correct spring, or it will not work. After learning all of this, mine works well and seems to be getting better the more I shoot it. Once I figured out which sights to use, mine is very accurate.

I hope this helps. Perhaps you can call Sig and find out if yours was one of the early models, which they had a lot of trouble with. I've seen Mosquito threads on various gun forums, and many people really like them.

Pistols08010.jpg

Hey guys , I call sigarms and they said I got no warranty because is used ! , so I can send the gun but there's a $55 bucks service charge,and has to be paid before the gun gets ship , if needs more repairs or so, it can go up from the $55 charge , at this point I think i'll get rid of it , possible trade out for a ruger or something else, i'll go check some guns during the weekend, thanks all.

OMG! I didn't have any idea you were gonna incriminate yourself by saying the gun was Used. I bet you even gave Sig the actual serial# too...

Hey, no billdeserthills I did not give the serial # , anyway I decide to give this gun a second chance and take it yesterday to the indoor range at tricounty, and lube the gun a lot also lube the mags , fire 20 rounds and clean the tube fire 20 more and so on and the gun begin to shoot straigth and only 2 doble feds in 200 rounds so I think some of you guys are right, this mosquitos needs a lot of lube ,shooting and try different ammo , thanks all for you ideas.

p.s next 22 got to be a ruger jajaj.

Hey, no billdeserthills I did not give the serial # , anyway I decide to give this gun a second chance and take it yesterday to the indoor range at tricounty, and lube the gun a lot also lube the mags , fire 20 rounds and clean the tube fire 20 more and so on and the gun begin to shoot straigth and only 2 doble feds in 200 rounds so I think some of you guys are right, this mosquitos needs a lot of lube ,shooting and try different ammo , thanks all for you ideas.

p.s next 22 got to be a ruger jajaj.

Good Deal, then you have one more chance to get warranty work done!
The Factory doesn't know Who bought that gun the First Time.

The Sig Mosquito NOT EJECTING, JAMMING is due to operator error.
1 Make sure the gun is empty.
2 Cycle the weapon making sure the hammer is fully cocked.
3 Place your thumb on the hammer and pull back If you have no/or little play in the hammer. Take the integral safety adjusting tool and fully unlock the safety. Follow page 7 and 8 of the owner's manual. Turn it counter clock wise until you have Max play. Now it will operate with all ammo should not jam and be fun to shoot.
4 If this corrects your problem You O me. Get one person to join the NRA and we will call it even.
Happy Shooting
Dave
US Army (Ret)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads