JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for an IWB holster for my new to me 228, and I'm finding lots of different info on what fits what... Do the 228s fit prefect in any other sig holster? Like a 226 holster? I know the trigger guard is rounded on the 228...

If it's a leather holster a P229 holster should work fine, if it's kydex it might not. A lot of kydex holsters use the trigger guard for retention so if you're sticking a rounded guard into a square holster, your retention won't be as tight.

Most holster makers worth their salt will list the P228 as a separate pistol from the P229.

If it's a leather holster a P229 holster should work fine, if it's kydex it might not. A lot of kydex holsters use the trigger guard for retention so if you're sticking a rounded guard into a square holster, your retention won't be as tight.

Most holster makers worth their salt will list the P228 as a separate pistol from the P229.

I've got dummy guns for both, differences are slight but there. In leather it really probably won't matter, in kydex it will.

if youre looking for a perfect fit... the 229 has a thicker slide than the 228. They are built on the same frame, but the 228 has a folded carbon steel slide, whereas the 229 is milled stainless, and has more 'meat' to accomidate its chambering in .40/.357

As mentioned above, if its a softer and lower-end leather holster, like a Galco or similar, the holsters would likely fit fine, interchangeable between the two guns. If we're talking kydex, it would be a good idea to get it made specifically for a 228.

Great choice in Sigs, by the way. 228 shoots better than a 229 in 9mm, and is tops of the Sig line for me!

In this market you can have two of the following: good, quick, cheap. If you want to have some quality you're going to have to pay out the nose to get it expedited.

exactly!

One nice thing about kydex, it doesnt have to be expensive to get great retention and longevity out of it. Leather is nice, but I've spent over $220 and waited 3 months for a custom holster, just to take it out of the shipping package, and instantly realize that it wasn't going to work.

Holsters are a very personal, individual thing. Even if you go top dollar, high quality custom... the holster design and style just may not work for you.

If you want something pretty quick that the vast majority of people seem to like, try Comp-Tac. I've had MTACs for a couple of pistols and they work really well for me. Another holster I really liked was the Shielded Holsters double phalanx. It's similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck, but it's only $50 shipped. I had one for a Glock 30 and it was extremely comfortably and I preferred the leather shape to the Crossbreed. I just ordered one for my P228 a couple of days ago. I emailed the owner if he had received my order today and he responded in less than 15 minutes to tell me it should ship out tomorrow. I'll try to remember and post a review when I receive it.

Redneck - Tried to PM you back but your inbox is full. I don't make it to PDX often anymore but there is usually a Kramer guy at the Expo gunshows, or at least there used to be. If you're interested in the #3 after doing more research PM me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top