JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at the Sig 1911-22 lately, as a cheap training weapon to use in place of my .45's. I like its full-size, almost full weight- it makes for a practical training platform. However, I am finding mixed reviews online. As with any gun, some people love em, some people hate em. Anyone here own one and willing to blab about their personal experience with it?

These are made by GSG (German Sport Guns) for Sig. The wife and I went to the store one day she saw this on sale and had to have it, great to have a wife like that. We took it to the range the day and had a blast with it. Had 2-3 ftf the first magazine using Federals, then used Remington Golden bullet in the 525 pack and problem solved. It will eat these and CCI mini mags all day long with only hiccups being a dud round not the weapon. I liked it so much as does the wife, we went out and bought the GSG model exact same weapon and just as fun but cheaper than the Sig.

Also the GSG branded magazines are cheaper than the Sig ones, just paying for the Sig name on it. Great shooters and we have put thousands of rounds in them with no problems at all. 80% of the parts are interchangeable with a full size 45 1911 so you can change it up any way you want. The second version of these had a weak guide rod and would break but they changed them and the new version and the first are fine. Like I said we have put thousands of rounds in both with no problems And is the only 22 I shoot now, my other 22's just sit in the safe now.

Thanks for the good info/review. Do you know if you can change the mainspring housing out? I've only seen arched MSH in the Sig but I would swap it for a flat one... completely changes the grip angle. I think the local gun shop has the OD green Sig selling for around $350.

Yea you can change the main spring housing. I got a flat one from Kimber and it works perfect. And that's about the going rate for a Sig. We got the GSG on sale for $269, and if you want it to still fire without the magazine in it take the bar off the side of the main spring housing that's all that bar does.

FullCaliberII, thanks for starting this thread. I've been thinking for a while about trying one of the 1911 .22's, but have been a little gun shy because of mixed reviews. My High Standard Supermatic Tournament Military has the same weight balance and feel of a 1911, but without the look, but I'm almost afraid to take it to the range as if I lose the mag for some boneheaded reason it would cost me a lung to replace it if I could even find one. Plus, it's not the same as shooting a true 1911 style platform. I may have to give the GSG/Sig a try.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top