JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This question was brought up here in 2017 or 2018 with no real clear answers much less any follow up. I already built others but really want a side charger in .308 and maybe something else later on.
Besides the three companies below...
  • eisenacharms.com
  • fulton-armory.com
  • gibbzarms.com
does anyone KNOW of any other companies that build right side charger AR-10's? Clarification follows!

Gibbz calls this one below a right side but it's actually left as far as I'm concerned. The charger 'handle' is on the left side. Their 'left side charger' ejects to the left and has the charging handle on the right side. Neither of these are what I'm looking for.
1588908539844.png <<<<<Right Side Charger -------- Left Side Charger>>>>> 1588910720838.png

This picture below is what I'm looking for in an AR-10 platform.
1588908697301.png I found what I'm looking for..sorta, thru Fulton-Armory. What I didn't' find was a 'plug' to block where the bolt carrier key exits the upper at the rear. I have a letter to them asking what about the plug? and am waiting a reply.
Eisenacharms has the same design as Fulton and costs $60.00 more. They charge $20.00 for a five cent plastic carrier key plug that's not secured/screwed in. In my view, it has the ability to blow out and hit you in the face.
1588909043869.png (This is a bolt carrier key from Fulton Arms)

Sanders Armory, out of Cape Coral, Florida "used to build" really nice side chargers for AR-15's but apparently no longer does. Here's how theirs' was/is blocked off.
1588911626415.jpeg <<<<<this from Sanders vs this from eisenacharms>>>>> 1588911737700.png I'll let you decide which one you'd want.

Long winded B$ aside, I'm looking for all the options I can find to build a right sided right side charger. Say it fast 4 times.... :) I'd appreciate any leads anyone can/would provide. The one exception being I have NO DESIRE to get into custom manufactured anything per se.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top