JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious what type of vehicle you use to hunt?

I personally use my plain jane Jeep Cherokee, no lift, A/T tires, nothing fancy. It gets me where I need to go and dare I say 'decent' on gas but I would like better mileage. I've been thinking of like getting one of the little tracker/ sidekicks to save on gas.

I really wish I could use one of those japanese mini-trucks with ATV tires. Anyone own one of those? What's your take on them?

my hunting rig is 2 size 12 danners haha

Same here and as for locked gates, what are those? I walk out the back door and walk on the hill then come back for the cart if needed. Season lasted 5 and a half hours a few yrs ago from the time we left the house to the time two were hanging and ready to bag.

If only I were that lucky! I usually log some highway miles before I even get to a dirt road, then some off road driving before I get away from people. $40 in gas doesn't get me nearly as far as it used to.

DSCF1872.jpg
this is my hunting rig and most of the time daily driver. 1970 f250 crew cab 4x4 460ci

Just cause I have it does not mean that is what I was hunting with.

You should be able to notice the rifle in the lap of the young man in the back. Also 2 more rifles on the front of my rig.......

Yeah and I see the rifle on the front of your guad also.
Washington State game regs say that if you are hunting big game you can not carry a pistol caliber anything. There is a minimum caliber reg to hunt big game. Did you have a hunting license? Or were you the guide? I think you might be hunting because you were prudent enough to put on your 400 minimum square inches of Blaze Orange.

Yeah and I see the rifle on the front of your guad also.
Washington State game regs say that if you are hunting big game you can not carry a pistol caliber anything. There is a minimum caliber reg to hunt big game. Did you have a hunting license? Or were you the guide?

I know you can not take game without certain calibers, but I have not seen one saying "you can not carry pistol cal anything". Do you have a link? I am heading to the WDFW site too look.

I can't remember what I was that year.

74 chev k20 4x4 3 inch lift, LS rear, locker front hauls the trailer. Trailer has our hunting bikes--96 warrior, 90 Honda 4trax fw 4x4, lt185. All three have full racks and gun holder thingys.

truck.jpg

truck.jpg

Last year it was my buddy's Cherokar to get into the woods, then Merell hiking boots the rest of the way. Once the deer was out of the woods, and hung I took it to the game processor in my Volvo S-40 with the seat folded down.

Will be this this year!

2012-06-19_21-24-29_544.jpg

Sadly not a diesel anymore, just too costly to rebuild, when I've got a rebuilt V-8 sitting there doing nothing. I still have quite a bit of work to do, I was sick last week and have overtime on many days off for the rest of the month, so hunting season would be a good goal.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top