JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread's all about your hunting rifle. Let's see what you're hunting with.

When I was a kid lever guns and bolt actions were the standard. Everything was blued and walnut. In my mind that's the emotional choice, but synthetic and stainless certainly have their place in the field.

I thought about this when I picked up a new to me Winchester in 257 Roberts. I think i can put this to work.

New to me 12.14.21 257 Roberts.jpg

I'll show you mine if you'll show me your's! :s0073:

Hawken.jpg
My main hunting and shooting rifle.
A .54 Hawken Rifle
I have taken :
Grouse
Coyote
Antelope
Deer
Elk
And black bear with this rifle.

If I hunt in modern season I use my 1958 Winchester Model 94 in .30-30.
Andy

Sorry, all my bolters are synthetic stocked…

My .308 Ruger American w/ Luepold VX-II….
9930986E-A948-4542-A9E2-88804600B639.jpeg

It's only been shot once in the field while hunting, and killed once.
7885863E-22C1-4B46-BA09-3F14495D93CC.jpeg

My .308 Tikka T3x CTR w/ Luepold VX-III LRP. It's my 1000 yd capable thumper and hasn't been "blooded"….. yet.
36E93522-0129-4201-953B-6693BE8945F3.jpeg

Last Edited:
From the late 50's through the late 90's, this was Dad's hunting rifle. He didn't use the scope, I just set it out for the pic. No4Mk1T. Dad cut the wood and added the Williams peep. It's been mine for 5 years now and I still haven't shot it. I need to "get around" to that, I 'spose.
MK1 T right.jpg

ps. sorry for the crap picture, but you can still see the mark from riding in the rack of the pickup.

@orygun

Heck yes! Quit putting it off! That rifle would be a hoot to shoot give all the history and connection you have to it. Once you do I'm betting you will have a "why did I wait so long" moment!

By the way, I love my Winchester M70 Classic in .257 Roberts. I'm guessing you will love yours to. Such a great balanced round in one of the most balanced rifles ever.

Merry Christmas All

@orygun

Heck yes! Quit putting it off! That rifle would be a hoot to shoot give all the history and connection you have to it. Once you do I'm betting you will have a "why did I wait so long" moment!

Merry Christmas All
Yeah, it will. In all honesty I should hunt elk with it. That would be fitting.

Merry Christmas, NWFA.

here is one, father in law found it laying on a brush pile on a place he bought over by Monument, it spent at least one winter outside. cleaned up pretty good and is a decent shooter.

.257 Roberts 001.JPG .257 Roberts 004.JPG .257 Roberts 005.JPG .257 Roberts 003.JPG

Incredible wood! Which chambering?

HOLY CARP!! She's allowed to go out in public like that? Simply stunning.
The stock is from Wimbledon champion and Palma armorer JK Cloward.

Jim's phone has been disconnected and he is no longer in business. He was a national treasure to the rifle community.

zv7OrK.jpg

(Thanks to the original unknown photographer!)

Love the old model 70's

Here is my 1953 Winchester model 70 featherweight in 308 and my 1954 model 94 30-30 . The model 94 has a lot of time in a saddle .

5D2389BF-9B48-40C3-83EF-335155B330E4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads