JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Waking up this morning to the sounds of Saved by the Bell,I began browsing older forums online and ran across a write up for the made for a political statement Noveske assault hammer. I would have loved to grab one for the few hours they were up.. I like Noveske and I like hammer. The read got me thinking about how important my hammer is to me. The three tools I have hanging off my bug out bag are my lightweight AR, my 60+ year old KA-BAR (passed down to me) and my kick bubblegum hammer. My wife gave it to me for one of our anniversaries 15 years back. It is a framing hammer with a titanium head. You could pound all day with it and not be reminded by your whiter the next day. My favorite part of the hammer is the teething marks embedded into the hickory by a small English Mastiff puppy named Isabelle who was truly the light of my life.
The hammer is such a useful tool and if I was forced to choose between the KA-BAR and a really good hammer, the choice would be really hard.
Anyways, show us your best and favorite hammers. The tool painters pants were made for... PSX_20170430_103318.jpg PSX_20170430_103549.jpg PSX_20170430_103711.jpg

The best part of the Stiletto hammer is that magnetic nail holder slot on top.
That alone saved my thumb from getting smashed every other day.
The light weight is also great, but not over extending yourself to set a nail up high is a top notch idea.

Last Edited:
I love the hammer that was left to me by my grandfather. He brought it from the old country on a ship through Ellis Island in 1904. He replaced the worn-out handle 3 times and the head once just shortly before he passed away. It's in surprisingly good shape.

spin_prod_206237601.jpg

I was building a custom cedar fence for a friend of mine, when I set my favorite straight handled Stiletto hammer down on the lawn for a second while I walked over to my work van to retrieve some more stainless steel finish nails I was using on the fence trim.

Some jerk that lived across the street comes down the shared driveway and manages to run his brand new Dodge behemoth jack wagon diesel truck up and over the curb, across my friends lawn and proceed to back his oversized truck into his tiny driveway.

I go back to the fence and find that the jerk had run over my hammer and broke the factory handle.
I walk over to him and tell him that he ran over my hammer and broke the handle. He looked at me like it was my problem, not his.

I said that he sure had a nice new shiny truck, especially since it didn't have any dents in it yet.
He took about ten seconds to figure out what I was alluding to and reached for his wallet.

I told him that a new handle cost around $20.00 and all the cheap jerk had on him was $17.00.
"Thanks a lot" I told him while I eyed his dent free truck.

Last Edited:
I would have throw the head through his window.

I have to admit I'm terrible at swinging a hammer. I guess like anything else it takes practice.

Usually at work if I'm swinging a hammer it's a deadblow or a sledge hammer

IMG_0360.JPG IMG_0359.JPG I own a lot of hammers, my favorite is not right here close but here are a few of the ones I really like.

The one above is a 8 pound striking hammer made by a friend named Nathan Robertson and me holding it for scale. The four below were all made by my friend Jacob Faram.

Just these 5 represent around $1500, I have at least a dozen more that were custom built for me at a cost of $150-$300 each and probably another dozen that are in the $100 range. I also own at least 30 hammers I made myself.

All told I probably own 300 hammers, there are maybe 20 I use on a regular basis.

My standard reply when someone asks why I have so many hammers is...

If you only own 3 hammers, you will always have the right hammer for the job. If you own a hundred hammers, you never have the right hammer for the job.

It's actually very accurate.

I make my living as a blacksmith,
Hammers kind of go with the gig.

I also own 5 power hammers ranging from my "little" 100 lb Beaudry to my big 750 lb Chambersburg

IMG_0790.JPG

It has always been one of those things that bug me to no end. You must always respect a man's tools.
I was building a custom cedar fence for a friend of mine, when I set my favorite straight handled Stiletto hammer down on the lawn for a second while I walked over to my work van to retrieve some more stainless steel finish nails I was using on the fence trim.

Some jerk that lived across the street comes down the shared driveway and manages to run his brand new Dodge behemoth jack wagon diesel truck up and over the curb, across my friends lawn and proceed to back his oversized truck into his tiny driveway.

I go back to the fence and find that the jerk had run over my hammer and broke the factory handle.
I walk over to him and tell him that he ran over my hammer and broke the handle. He looked at me like it was my problem, not his.

I said that he sure had a nice new shiny truck, especially since it didn't have a dents in it yet.
He took about ten seconds to figure

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top