JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm totally with you on the grocery store and hospital visits. My mom was recently and ICU they asked my daughter to step out because she was coughing even though the patient in the room next to my mom had their little ankle biter in there. It gives a bad rap to people who actually need service does. Now as for places like Home Depot and such, I don't think it matters.

IMG_E5908.JPG IMG_5891.JPG
Miss Red October. She is a rockstar!

I am curious, Why do people in general feel the need to take their dog shopping? It's not s service dog. It's not really sanitary, Like myself, other customers don't think very highly of this practice either. Not to mention what the store policy is? I see guys walking around the grocery store trying to hold onto all their groceries because they are holding a lap dog. I just don't get it.

Good question.

In a grocery store.. hell no. I have a pup who needs to be around people and learn different situations. That's a sanitary issue right there around food. A service animal (not companion animal) is a well behaved dog that walks on its own.

I take him into one store and that's only the Lowe's where it's pet friendly and advertised as such.

My dog does not bark, he walks beside me on a leash and even when the a-hole has a cart full of Pomeranian yippers he keeps his mouth shut looking at me like "WTF is up with them?". The Labradoodles are smart enough to know when trained properly what to do.

Honestly, i have 2 dogs, i don't take them in stores. However you are asking your questions directed at a group of dog lovers- you could possibly get some colorful responses. If there is a legit reason, such as PTSD and the dog is a legit service dog it is allowed. After all you don't want someone with PTSD to not have their service dog and them to go into panic mode. Plus some people are just super close to their dogs. I think some people like their dogs better than most people they encounter. Lots of reasons.

I am curious, Why do people in general feel the need to take their dog shopping? It's not s service dog. It's not really sanitary, Like myself, other customers don't think very highly of this practice either. Not to mention what the store policy is? I see guys walking around the grocery store trying to hold onto all their groceries because they are holding a lap dog. I just don't get it.

Last Edited:
DSCF0031.JPG
One on the left is almost 14. Has been the light of my life all of those years. He is sleeping a lot these days and the daily walks have gotten much slower now. One of the right had to be put down last year at the same age he is now. Been looking for a breeder who does these and none found around here so far. Dreading the day I finally have to say goodbye to him.

Goof is getting close to 19 years old, finally starting to slow down a little, sleeping more, and going blind!:( Still demands his daily walks, and if the opertunity to chase a goose or the hundreds of ducks presents it's self, he still puts up a good effort!
20190302_180014.jpg

Goof is getting close to 19 years old, finally starting to slow down a little, sleeping more, and going blind!:( Still demands his daily walks, and if the opertunity to chase a goose or the hundreds of ducks presents it's self, he still puts up a good effort!
View attachment 575422

You have been blessed for years.
A lot longer that maybe all of us for a large breed dog.

The hard part of having any pet is saying Goodbye.

That Golden has been a Rock for my family, and we have been through a lot together! Saying good by is going to be awfully hard, but he has been given a lot longer then many, his job to make sure we are all ok before he goes on to that big tennis ball factory in the sky! Until then, were gonna continue to love him and spoil him rotten! :)
20180428_112445.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads