JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lever%20action.jpg

I've had this stainless 336 for quite a while. I've always planned on installing an aperture sight. I previously bought two aperture sights. One didn't fit (even though I bought the right size and model), and the other one was so tall above the receiver, I need a taller front sight. .32" to .51" . Sounds easy enough, but I just cannot find the correct sight in stock, anywhere. I had given up.

Then just yesterday in the mail I received this Williams FP. It sits low enough on the receiver, the factory front sight will work.🥰

P1000263 (2).JPG P1000274.JPG

I've had this stainless 336 for quite a while. I've always planned on installing an aperture sight. I previously bought two aperture sights. One didn't fit (even though I bought the right size and model), and the other one was so tall above the receiver, I need a taller front sight. .32" to .51" . Sounds easy enough, but I just cannot find the correct sight in stock, anywhere. I had given up.

Then just yesterday in the mail I received this Williams FP. It sits low enough on the receiver, the factory front sight will work.🥰

View attachment 1440839View attachment 1440838
I've been looking at the xs sight combo for my Winchester but the williams does look darn good…

Winchester '73 is a great movie and somewhat groundbreaking as well.

For one, it was the first movie where an actor (Stewart) agreed to accept 50% of the box office profits as opposed to a flat fee for his role.

It also started the now common movie theme with that of the primary 'hero', a beautiful woman (but independent and strong female character), and the reliable 'sidekick' of the hero, who all participate in the 'action adventure' aspect of the movie.

Winchester '73 has also been regarded as the first 'modern' Western in that it had a more defined story than many previous westerns, with more realistic human emotions, family issues and a positive and 'happy' ending.

Herb Parsons (The Showman Shooter) also performed some of the trick shots in the movie.

Last Edited:
Just remembered, I made a video showing my dad's 94, a few years ago. The guy I'm talking to here is the guy who owns the "Buckeye Ballistics" YT channel. I think it was about midnight when I made this video....

View attachment 1440839View attachment 1440838
I run that same site on my Browning 71 in 348…top eject so only way my old eyes can pick up the front site in hunting hours - cloverleafs at 100 yds at the range. I want to take a moose with that rifle before I'm too old to do it anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top