JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Should there be a minimum post count to use classifieds?

• Total voters
Reactions
I was looking at a for sale post today and clicked on the members profile. He had 18 posts on the forum, and all of them were for sale ads in the classifieds. He hasn't even introduced himself.

On all the other forums I'm on, there's a minimum post count required to post ads in the classifieds. Is there a reason we don't have one here?

I don't know that Joe wants to make that a requirement. For me, I typically ignore those ads. One of the best reasons to use NWFA to buy/sell is to have the feedback available. But that said, everyone has to start somewhere. Someone had to trust me the first time I sold and I probably had less than 100 posts at the time. I don't know if a minimum post count would really do much.

Will 100 welcome to the forum count for postings?
Or are we only going buy from someone that agrees with the way we do.

The feedback is what really counts. We all have to start somewhere.

I do think there should be a minimum, However I dont think It should be many posts. Say 10? The reason so would be to stop spammers and quick ditch guys. It would at least require some effort of the part of the poster to get to "classified" status

I agree there should be a minimum but think it should be somewhat low like 10 or 20 posts. There is always the possibility that someone will spam an old thread to hit the minimum but I think that is where mods come into play and terminate the user.

I bought my first gun on hear before I introduced myself! I think it would be arbritarey but make it some random #. What would it suppose to mean that there a good person because they meet this random #?

When I first came on here a friend of mine told me there was a specific gun for sale that I wanted. I contacted the guy and bought it. He gave me a positive rating, which I didn't even know what it ment. Then I slowly started reading different threads and finally decided I wanted to support a site like this, I introduced myself, blocked the members that rubbed me wrong , started posting classified ads ,and slowly started interacting. I'm sure there are others that have had a similar experience.

That's my story and if there would of been some arbitrary rule like what some are suggesting, all I would have done is bought the gun and moved on kinda like I did with "SeattleGuns. Com" what a bunch of tards that have to micro manage or you agree with us or leave type mentality..

That's my thoughts anyway.
Stacy

Last Edited:
NO
this site was made as a classified site. How would you feel if a news paper required you to buy 100 issues of their paper before you could use their classified ads?
The entire premise is ash-backwards and smells of Progressive 'Logic'
America.jpg

I have always thought being a member should be a requirement for posting ads.

$20. to post as many ads as you wish, to thousands of people?

(Although it must be known that I am extremely wealthy, so $20. means nothing, except a cheap way to light my cigar).

Putting your thoughts to keyboard is very difficult for many, hence the high "views" count, and low "replies" on most threads.

So if a seller can't do the above, doesn't make him/her a bad guy/girl.....

They may still be good Sellers:)

Last Edited:
I usually ignore the "New Members"
They are generally scalpers or overflow from the shady ODT site.. Which I guess is no more.

Before you self rightious SOBs get on my bubblegum, that isnt to say ALL new members are bad..

Just a good % of them are. ;)

I think post counts and positive feedback DO matter.. I think having a post count of more than 10 on non classified ads shows at least SOME opinion and support of the 2A lifestyle.

I vote no as I am one o those people who do not post a ton of stuff. I have been on this board for 5 yrs now. Look at my post count... there are guys on here that have been on half the time and have more than me.

As stated we all need to start somewhere. I have been on boards that require a certain number of posts and well I feel like a idiot sometimes as I just don't want to post up any old thing.

.............I think ........positive feedback DO matter..

But what about guys like me:(

I'm Honest.:)
I'm good looking.:confused:
I'm intelligouent.o_O

Yet I can't sell a gun here for the life of me, so I have 0 positive feedback.:(

I HONESTLY don't know if it's the lack of positive feedback, the lack of $$ in S. Oregon, my prices (I price FAIRLY, not so someone can buy my gun and turn around and sell it for a profit:rolleyes:), or something else.

MAYBE I'm not as intouligient as I think I am...:s0107:.

I still think there should be some sort of remuneration for posting ads.
Maybe the first few for $5.00, then free for life, or the first one free for non-members............sumpin':s0022:

But what about guys like me:(

I'm Honest.:)
I'm good looking.:confused:
I'm intelligouent.o_O

Yet I can't sell a gun here for the life of me, so I have 0 positive feedback.:(

I HONESTLY don't know if it's the lack of positive feedback, the lack of $$ in S. Oregon, my prices (I price FAIRLY, not so someone can buy my gun and turn around and sell it for a profit:rolleyes:), or something else.

MAYBE I'm not as intouligient as I think I am...:s0107:.

I still think there should be some sort of remuneration for posting ads.
Maybe the first few for $5.00, then free for life, or the first one free for non-members............sumpin':s0022:

They just can't find you to make the sale. Which river and which van?

I don't mind buying something from a guy with no posts. It has to be a good deal. Some guys join to just sell a firearm they inherited or something. Their loss, my gain. . . Usually ☺

Maybe I wasn't clear. I don't have a problem with a new member posting in an existing for sale ad. Asking questions and possibly buying an item. I'm taking about selling in the classifieds. Most of the forums I'm on require 40-50 posts. I'd be fine with it being lower, maybe 25?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top